Who says fitness and luxury vacations don’t mix? Crystal Cruises’ professional fitness directors suggest numerous ways for travelers to maintain or even start a fitness regime on any one of the ultra-luxury line’s worldwide vacations. Besides a myriad of healthy dining options, even Crystal’s cocktails use only the freshest purees and juices.
In addition to the obvious—like regularly using the cardio and weight equipment in the fully equipped gym offering dramatic ocean views - Crystal is encouraging guests to enjoy the following on its award-winning ships, Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony:
1. Walk or jog around the 360-degree promenade deck—in between golf lessons and paddle tennis games. Crystal’s Walk on Water® weighted vests or brand new Nordic Poles will help maximize your workout.
2. Enjoy fresh fruit (always available in the Bistro) or one of the freshly prepared salads at the Trident Grill. Regardless where or what you choose to eat, all of Crystal’s cuisine is trans fat-free.
3. Savor Nobu’s sushi and sashimi, or daily lighter fare entrees, as a healthy alternative to richer dinner specialties.
4. Treat yourself to a private training session.
5. Drink enough water - there are always large complimentary bottles of water in your stateroom, and virtually anywhere else on board.
6. Wind up with a complimentary aerobics class or wind down with a complimentary yoga class.
7. Cleanse the body with detoxifying body wraps at the Feng Shui-inspired Crystal Spa.
8. Kayak, hike, snorkel or walk on Crystal Adventures ashore or explore on your own.
9. Swim laps in the large heated pool.
10. Heal and rejuvenate with onboard acupuncture treatments and shiatsu massages.
“Wellness is important to our well-traveled guests,” says Daniel Kontler, Crystal Symphony’s fitness director. “Generally active, our guests want to continue their healthy lifestyles on vacation, and even learn something new.”
Additionally, three Mind, Body & Spirit Experiences of Discovery voyages aboard Crystal Symphony feature workshops and classes from experts in Tai Chi, yoga and general health and fitness, and Cleveland Clinic experts offer advice on select sailings.