Great Rail Journeys– the UK’s leading operator for escorted holidays by rail – has launched a six-point Price Promise to customers, which includes a commitment to apply any price reductions to all customers booked on a tour.
“The travel industry is obsessed with late booking deals,” says the company’s marketing and sales director Alex Roberts, “and we want people to feel confident about booking in advance for our escorted tours. So, for example, if we reduce the price for any reason, we also apply the saving to customers who have booked already.”
Great Rail Journeys describes the Price Promise as reassuring, fair, flexible, transparent, guaranteed and offering value for money:
1. Reassuring: Customers who book in advance will never pay a higher price than last minute bookers.
2. Fair: If prices are reduced, the saving is applied to customers who have already booked.
3. Flexible: if a booked holiday becomes unsuitable, customers can change to an alternative date or different tour.
4. Value: Travel, transfers, a tour manager, quality accommodation, excursions and sightseeing all included in the price.
5. Transparent: the company makes it clear what is included and highlights any optional extras where additional costs will apply.
6. Guaranteed: Once Great Rail Journeys confirm a booking, they guarantee not to increase the price, even to account for factors beyond their control.