Sandals Resorts International is unveiling new room category names for all accommodation options at Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts.
The simplification of the titles of various rooms allows both travel agents and their clients to better understand the resorts’ accommodation options, as well as identify the value and amenities associated with each room category.
“After listening to feedback from travel agents, we realised that creating simplified and intuitive category names helps eliminate confusion in the booking process,” said Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart, chairman, Sandals Resorts International.
“We hope the new system helps agents and their clients better understand our options, and provides them with a discernible difference when choosing the best room category based on preferences and expectations.”
The new room names follow a standardised formula that has been applied to every Luxury Included resort through the Sandals and Beaches portfolio.
The following descriptors have been used to generate new room titles as applicable to the designated room:
- Room Location: Resort Village, Building Name or Area within the Resort (i.e. Key West, Italian, French, Caribbean).
- Distinguishing Factor of Category: Regular or Honeymoon.
- Room View: Beachfront, Oceanfront, Oceanview, Seaside, Poolside or Garden.
- Room Size and Type: Deluxe, Premium, Luxury, Grande Luxe, Petite Suite (replacing Junior Suite), Suite, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom, 4 Bedroom, or Exotic Suite/Villa (i.e. Millionaire Swim-up Suite, Rondoval, Villa Suite).
- Level of Accommodation: Standard Room, Club Level (Jamaica currently)/ Concierge, Concierge or Butler (all concierge will soon become “Club Level”).