Royal Caribbean International’s Oasis of the Seas, entering service in December 2009, will introduce a unique and varied collection of entertainment and activities for all ages and interests. Highlights include West End-style shows, high diving, acrobatic exhibitions, comedy acts, theme nights and parades.
Royal Caribbean is also making it easier for guests to plan their entertainment and activities with show schedules made available for pre-booking prior to boarding at www.royalcaribbean.com. Under the Cruise Enhancements page of the Royal Caribbean website, guests can view show schedules by title, day and time and make advance reservations up to three months prior to departure for shows at venues including the Opal Theater, Studio B ice-skating rink, Comedy Live and the AquaTheater. Reservations made online will be recorded to each guests’ Seapass card, which will serve as the show “ticket.” A traditional Box Office and a ticketing system using the in-stateroom television will also be available for onboard reservations.
The headlining shows and entertainment offerings onboard Oasis of the Seas are as follows:
Seating 1,350 guests, the Opal Theater features a thrust stage and a proscenium extending into the audience to bring the action closer. The Opal Theater will present three different shows:
* Hairspray: The eight time Tony Award-winning musical is licensed exclusively to Royal Caribbean. The 90-minute show features original costumes, sets, lighting designs and a cast of performers, who were selected during a four city audition tour in London, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. Hairspray will be performed four times throughout each cruise.
* Come Fly With Me: This 45-minute show with interactive video, singing and dancing and aerial gymnastics will be performed four times during each cruise.
* Headliner Showtime: Offered three times during each cruise, guests will be delighted by the fabulous acts taking the stage include world-class singers, musicians, magicians and jugglers.
Behind-the-scenes videos of the auditions and rehearsals of the productions can be viewed at http://www.OasisoftheSeas.com.
The Studio B ice-skating rink will present ice shows and host a variety of themed events:
* Frozen in Time: This dazzling show brings classic Hans Christian Andersen works to life with a cast including top-rated figure skaters from around the world. This ice show will be available seven times during each cruise.
As the first theatre of its kind, this oceanfront amphitheatre-style venue will seat 600 guests and features the largest and deepest pool at sea. AquaTheatre will host a variety of entertainment, including live music, fountain shows and cabarets and two elaborate dive shows that will take place each day and night.
· Oasis of Dreams: A cast of Olympic and champion athletes from around the world have been selected for this show, including divers, synchronised swimmers and gymnasts. The show is set to an original soundtrack and synchronised with fountain shows, lighting and special effects.
* Splish Splash: Performed five times each cruise, the AquaTheatre’s cast of divers will combine poolside antics with Olympic-style diving, all to an upbeat soundtrack.
Located in the Entertainment Place neighbourhood, Comedy Live is one of the ‘after-dark’ venues onboard Oasis of the Seas. The adult comedy club is a fun and intimate space with décor inspired by a New York subway station.
* Comedy Shows: Talented stand-up comics will perform one-hour long shows two or three times nightly.
Theme Nights and Parades
With a Royal Promenade almost double the width of those found onboard Voyager and Freedom-class ships (previously the largest in service), Oasis of the Seas will continue the tradition of Royal Caribbean’s signature theme nights and parades.
* Disco Inferno Street Party: This disco-themed street party will take in the Royal Promenade, the Atlas Bridge, Rising Tide Bar and the mezzanine.
* The Royal Promenade Parade: will transform this neighborhood with sights and sounds inspired by popular fairy tales.
When it launches in December 2009, Oasis of the Seas will be the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world. An architectural marvel at sea, it will span 16 decks, encompass 220,000 gross registered tons, carry 5,400 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,700 staterooms. Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship to feature the cruise line’s new neighbourhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which includes Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. The ship will sail from her home port of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (Florida).
For more information and to book please see www.royalcaribbean.co.uk, call 0844 493 2061 or talk to your travel agent.