* Some additional train services to operate to and from London above core revised timetable
* Severe weather continuing to disrupt services across the network
East Midlands Trains is advising passengers that a revised train service to and from London is planned for Friday 3 December as a result of continuing disruption caused by severe weather.
Services across the East Midlands Trains network are continuing to be subject to short notice alteration or cancellation and journey times may be extended.
A core revised timetable is planned to operate throughout the day tomorrow (Friday 3 December), providing passengers with three trains per hour to and from London..
Passengers will also be able to access an increased number of services to and from London tomorrow over and above the timetable operated on Thursday 2 December.
* Two additional services will operate to London St Pancras in the morning with four extra services planned from London in the evening.
* An additional service to London is also planned in the evening.
* Full details of these trains are available at the East Midlands Trains website at www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.
Passengers are advised to check for up-to-date travel information and leave additional time for their journeys. Information will continue to be provided and updated on the East Midlands Trains website (www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk) and National Rail Enquiries website (www.nationalrail.co.uk). Passengers are also advised to review customer information screens at stations or speak to a member of station staff.
Tim Shoveller, Managing Director of East Midlands Trains, said: “Severe weather is continuing to cause disruption to road, rail and air transport in many parts of the country, including train services on our network. We understand the impact this is having on our customers, and would like to thank them for their patience during these difficult conditions. We are doing all we can in partnership with Network Rail to keep passengers updated and our trains moving, and we are planning to operate a slightly increased level of service tomorrow compared to today..
“We expect weather conditions to remain difficult and we have decided to continue with a revised timetable to help give passengers as much certainty as we can on what services they can expect to operate. While we are continuing to run many services, a number of services will continue to be cancelled or delayed. We are working hard to restore train services on the routes that remain closed. Our advice to passengers is to check for updates before they travel and allow longer for their journeys. Our staff are working incredibly hard in freezing conditions to get as many trains running as possible, as well as keeping our depots and stations clear and safe, and I would like to thank them for their efforts.”
Services to and from London St Pancras International
A revised timetable is in place for services to and from London St Pancras on Friday 3 December, with three trains per hour planned to operate throughout the day.
* An hourly train service will operate on the Sheffield - London route, serving Chesterfield, Derby, East Midlands Parkway and Leicester
* An hourly train service will operate on the Nottingham - London route, serving Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Wellingborough and Bedford
* An hourly train service will operate on the Corby - London route, serving Kettering, Wellingborough, Bedford and Luton
Additional services are planned to operate to and from London over and above the timetable operated on Thursday 2 December on Friday 3 December 2010. The additional services are:
* 05:27 Sheffield - London St Pancras
* 06:28 Nottingham - London St Pancras
* 19:27 Sheffield - London St Pancras
* 16:55 London St Pancras - Sheffield
* 17:15 London St Pancras - Nottingham
* 19:15 London St Pancras - Nottingham
* 19:55 London St Pancras - Sheffield
Services are planned to operate as normal, subject to alterations and delays, on the following East Midlands Trains routes:
* Nottingham to Matlock
* Leicester to Nottingham
* Nottingham to Mansfield Woodhouse (Reduced to one train an hour, no trains will operate between Mansfield and Worksop)
* Lincoln to Peterborough
* Derby to Crewe
* Nottingham to Lincoln via Newark
Services from Sheffield to Manchester and Liverpool are hoped to resume during the day on Friday 3 December.
As a result of the difficult weather conditions, no trains are able to run between the following locations on Friday 3 December:
* Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes
* Lincoln to Doncaster
* Mansfield Woodhouse to Worksop
East Midlands Trains is working hard to restore train services on these three routes, so passengers are advised to check www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk throughout Friday 3 December for further service updates.
* Ticket restrictions have been lifted on Friday 3 December 2010 for customers travelling on Advance Purchase tickets where they have missed their booked train due to the poor weather.
* Customers with tickets for travel on Friday 3 December who choose not to travel may travel on any day until Friday 10 December 2010. Customers with tickets for travel on Wednesday 1 December and Thursday 2 December, who choose not to travel, may travel on any day until Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 December 2010 respectively.
* Alternatively, East Midlands Trains will refund tickets where services have been cancelled. Customers should apply to the point where they bought their tickets.
* For customers who have purchased online at www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk, please write to the following address to obtain a refund.
East Midlands Trains,
PO Box 23972
* For customers who have purchased tickets at another website please visit this site for their refund details.
* To buy tickets please visit www.buytickets.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
Passengers are advised to check for up-to-date travel information and leave additional time for their journeys.
* Check the East Midlands Trains Website at www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk which provides service updates
* Visit the National Rail Enquiries (NRE) website at www.nationalrail.co.uk which includes all information about current disruption (www.nationalrail.co.uk/disruption), live departure boards of train services and journey planners
* National Rail Enquiries (NRE), has set up a dedicated phone hotline to provide passengers with up to date information about disruption caused by snow. The number is 08453 017641 and allows passengers to hear recorded information about the train company they travel with
* Subscribe to NRE Twitter updates at @nationalrailenq