As part of its accession to the Club Overseas Trump France, Reunion Island is conducting a “street event” that is part of a multimedia campaign in Norway and Sweden. On Friday and Saturday, April 4 and 5, 2014, a bus decorated with ultra-marine colors will host Scandinavian visitors to help them discover the overseas destinations, including Reunion Island, and invite them to participate in a contest.
The operation of “street event” is organised by the Club Overseas Trump France and is the first step of a multimedia campaign being conducted in Scandinavia. A bus dressed in the colors of the islands will be located in strategic places of passage in two major cities:
- Friday, April 4 in Oslo on “Youngstorget” from 1200 to 1900 hours
- Saturday, April 5 in Stockholm, Kunsttradgarten, from 1000 to 1600 hours
This exotic bus will be constructed to include sand and beach chairs, and will be decorated with posters of different destinations. Two hostesses will be on hand to invite Scandinavian visitors to participate in a contest whose purpose is to achieve “selfies” (self-portrait photos) using the posters of their choice as a backdrop.
Two trips are the prize for this contest in each city:
- A trip to Guadeloupe offered by Des Hotels et des Iles, Auberge de la Vieille Tour, the Tourism Committee of the Guadeloupe Islands, and Air France
- A trip to Martinique with a stay at the Hotel Bakoua offered by the Martinique Tourist Board and Air France
- A trip to St. Martin offered by Hoste Hotel, the Tourist Office of Saint-Martin, and Air France
- A trip to Reunion Island offered by Reunion Island Tourism (IRT) and Air France
Music from these tropical islands will be broadcast on the bus, and a cocktail will be served at a bar inside.