“The first dedicated deal site for self-catering homes launches aiming to carve a big niche in the $100 billion market.”
Bidango is the world’s first dedicated holiday rental auction site where holidaymakers can bid on self-catered properties, harnessing the potential for huge discounts on some of the finest rental homes available. Launched by leading holiday rental website pureholidayhomes.com, Bidango offers a unique and interactive opportunity to secure fantastic discount holidays. With no agency commissions (typically 20% - 40%) by booking direct with the owner, Bidango confidently predicts that a further 20% - 30% saving on certain weeks can be achieved for price sensitive holidaymakers willing to bid for their break.
Self catered holiday rentals is the fastest growing segment of the travel marketplace and the desire for discounted or bargain deals is as strong in the current financial climate as in any other industry.
The market opportunity for homeowners
• Circa 6 million holiday homeowners in Europe and North America who rent their homes for an average of 14 weeks per year. Creating millions of unsold weeks each year.
• Since 2008 reduction in net disposable wealth and a weaker exchange rate has led to UK based holiday home owners looking to increase the amount of income they generate from their property.
• Until now no specific destination website for holiday homeowners to sell discounted available weeks/short breaks.
Will appeal to: Advertisers looking to sell more out of season weeks, selling last minute cancellations, achieving premium rates for peak weeks.
The opportunity for holidaymakers
• Year on year rise in late bookings, in July 2011 pureholidayhomes.com saw and increase of 36% in last minute enquiries compared to 2010, according to Hotwire.com reports 49% of their users will book only two to four weeks before travel
• A 67% increase in holidaymakers asking for deals or discounts.
Will appeal to: retirees, group holidays, pre-kids, families who like booking late for a deal, flexible short trips and city breaks.
Two examples of great bargains sold in the past 7 days
1. Farmhouse with swimming pool in SW France Sept 3 for 1 week sleeping 8 sold for £145 or £2.50 per person per night.
2. 5* apartment in Spain Sept 24 for 1 week sleeping 6 sold for £345 or £8 per person per night.
Example Lots available
1. 1st – 8th October in the Bay of Kotor, Montenegro. Sleeps 6. Current bid £40 or under £1 per person per night.
2. 17th – 24th September in beautiful Calvados, France. Sleeps 9. Current bid £200 or £3.17 per person per day.
Sean Collins, Joint CEO of pureholidayhomes.com, the company behind the launch of Bidango, comments: “The self-catering market globally is worth circa $100 billion annually and yet no destination website exists focusing on the best available deals. We see this as a global market opportunity that is wanted to by homeowners and holidaymakers alike. Our research and consumer feedback is telling us that that Bidango is arriving at exactly the right moment. We intend to soft launch until the end of October to allow us to adapt to the early user experiences and then we will be investing heavily in the growth of this exciting venture.
Bidango is simple to use. Holidaymakers simply search available auction lots by location, date, theme or ‘lots ending soonest’, register to bid and then continue to bid as high as they like to ensure success. For homeowners it is equally as easy. Simply register the details of your property, set a minimum price, a ‘buy it now’ price and time period for the auction lot to run and watch the bids come in. When the lot has finished, Bidango will alert the homeowner as to who the winning bidder is. For further details, view the Bidango video guide here.
Bidango is a new holiday rental auction portal offering unique self-catering properties at home and abroad for holidaymakers seeking the best value, more flexibility and greater choice. Bidango is owned and operated by leading holiday rental portal pureholidayhomes.com, which represents more than 24,000 properties in over 85 different countries.
Until 31st October 2011 bidango is waiving all listing fees and operating a reduced 5% commission on all successful lots.
For more information please visit www.bidango.co.uk