Paul Gauguin Cruises, operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, announces the South Pacific Discovery: Australia, New Caledonia, Fiji, Tonga, Cook & Society Islands. Guests of the exclusive 20-night hotel and cruise package are invited to discover all the scenic splendors and fascinating cultures of the South Pacific—exploring the shores of nine distinctive islands in five archipelagos on a single voyage. Departing January 23, 2012, the South Pacific Discovery package is available at rates that start at $7,497*.
This 20-night hotel and cruise package commences in cosmopolitan Sydney, with three days at leisure in Australia’s oldest and largest city and one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Guests will stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, located in the historic Rocks area of the city. After basking in Sydney’s enviable harbor setting, guests will fly to Brisbane to board The Gauguin to begin their experience of the beautiful South Pacific. The sailing includes exceptional visits to New Caledonia, Fiji and the Kingdom of Tonga, ending in French Polynesia, arguably some of the most beautiful islands in the world.
* Noumea, New Caldonia: This capital city has been named the “Paris of the Pacific” due to its French ambience, heritage and culture.
* Suva, Viti Levu, Fiji: The largest of the island chain is comprised of high mountains, lush vegetation, shimmering water and pristine white-sand beaches. Fiji’s urban culture and easygoing ambience are present on this island nation.
* Savusavu, Vanua Levu, Fiji: Once a bustling trading port, this Fijian village is now known for its geothermal hot springs.
* Vava’u Tonga: Never colonized by Europeans, this South Pacific Nation maintains a strong Polynesian culture. Crystal clear waters and high mountain tops offer unparalleled views of the Tonga islands.
* Aitutaki, Cook Islands: Consisting of three volcanoes and 12 coral islets, this island offers beautiful coral reefs and a pristine lagoon. Aitutaki is nearly flat, affording ocean views from virtually any point on the island.
* Taha’a: Visit Motu Mahana, Paul Gauguin Cruises’ private island featuring white-sand beaches with swaying palms, crystal-clear waters and gentle breezes. A delicious Polynesian barbeque lunch and local entertainment will prove a highlight of any sailing.
* Bora Bora: Bora Bora has been described as the most beautiful island in the world. While here, guests will have the opportunity to view the famous marine life or relax on a beautiful, private beach on a motu off the coast.
* Moorea: The lush scenery is out of a dream, with green vegetation, an abundance of fresh fruit and flowers, spectacular mountain peaks and palm-fringed beaches.
While onboard, guests will experience a relaxed, elegant and graceful setting in which to enjoy the amenities of the award-winning, newly refurbished ship. The ship will host lectures by the onboard naturalist, SCUBA diving lessons, local entertainment and an exquisite variety of cuisine. Special guests, activities and entertainment introduced especially for this unique voyage add to the experience of sailing on the region’s most highly acclaimed luxury vessel. Guests may choose to extend their time in the beautiful South Pacific by adding a pre-trip extension exploring Auckland’s seaside paradise or post-trip hotel stays in a wide choice of idyllic French Polynesian islands.