New Zealand House BBQ explosion

9th Aug 2012
New Zealand House BBQ explosion

New Zealand House in Kings Cross, London has been evacuated following an explosion and subsequent fire.

As many as 700 people were evacuated after a gas canister being used for a barbecue exploded.

The incident occurred at 19:30 on Wednesday evening during celebrations surrounding the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Two fire engines were called to the scene, with ten fire-fighters tackling the blaze.

London Ambulance Service said one person had minor injuries and was treated at the scene.


Recommended for you

Follow Breaking Travel News

Travel Events Calendar

Media Partnerships

Global Restaurant Investment ForumThe Hospitality & Tourism SummitCATHIC
ITB AsiaChina Outbound Travel & Tourism MarketThe Travel Marketing Store
Serviced Apartment SummitWorld Travel MarketIMEX
AHICWTTCRoutes Online
UBM Aviation