The Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism has launched a new iPad app to help visitors build customised itineraries, view inspirational imagery, browse for bargains and discover the best places to stay, play, dine and shop in Palm Springs, California.
The interactive app, entitled Palm Springs HD, is available for free download from iTunes and the official website.
Designed to be an inspirational trip planning tool and helpful travel companion, the app gives instant access to information on Palm Springs and includes photos and descriptions of each lodging property, attraction, restaurant and retail store for visitors to review and build their own travel plans.
The new iPad app is wonderfully equipped to help the digital-savvy traveller plan their ideal trip to the desert resort city by selecting various fields of interest and placing them into a day planner format. Features of the new iPad Palm Springs HD include:
- Trip Planner: offers a great opportunity for users to build a customised itinerary by selecting categories and dates to develop their ultimate getaway. Many options are available, including the chance to create a “relaxing day” with a visit to a spa resort, lunch at a local café and evening cocktails at a piano bar.
- Stay, Play, Dine and Shop: allows visitors to browse through photos and descriptions to locate the perfect place to visit in Palm Springs, including a comprehensive list of accommodations – from full service, convention and mid-size hotels to boutique hotels and inns, vacation homes and condo rentals, and specialist LGBT resorts.
- Downtown: displays the best places to dine and shop along the famous Palm Canyon Drive.
- What’s Nearby: identifies local attractions, restaurants, stores and lodging options closest to a specific destination with the support of an interactive map that allows users to find what’s nearby.
- Hot Deals: showcases special offers, travel deals, packages and discounts in Palm Springs.
- Event Calendar: highlights what’s happening in Palm Springs by date. Visitors can locate street festivals, art walks, film festivals and more.
Mary Jo Ginther, director of the Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism, commented: “We designed the iPad Palm Springs HD app to be a helpful and reliable source, as well as to inspire travel to our desert playground.
“With so much to see and do in Palm Springs, the app makes it easy for travellers to plan their special trip in advance of their departure, while also helping travellers to navigate the city following their arrival. With a touch of a finger, users can discover just why Palm Springs is truly like no place else.”