AccuWeather today introduced its new AccuWeather for Android application for Android phones. In addition to the hourly forecasts updated every hour, interactive Google Maps™, and weather in 23 languages, AccuWeather for Android has customizable color themes and the ability to share forecasts via the social media applications users have installed on their Android phone.
“Our brand new AccuWeather for Android application meets the technical and user interface standards we have set for all our applications,” said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media. “In addition to our reliable and localized forecasts, we have weather in 23 different languages and other great features, such as social media sharing and customizable app colors. This app is an app our users will look forward to checking every day to make their daily and future plans.”
AccuWeather for Android is available as a free download from the Android Market, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.accuweather.android. Features include:
* Accurate and localized forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated each hour, forecasts include detailed hourly forecasts for the next twenty-four hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next fifteen days - all in 23 languages.
* Weather Alarms™, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind speed/gusts, and the probability of thunderstorms.
* Sharing function allowing users to share the current, hourly, 15-day forecast, or forecast detail view using the social media applications they have installed on their phone. The share function is part of the Android menu.
* Current weather conditions data is updated every 15 minutes and includes humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather’s proprietary weather forecasting system that takes into account multiple weather conditions to determine how the localized temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature depending on these conditions.
* Day and night forecasts include high and low temperatures, Weather Alarms™, precipitation type and amount, wind speed and gusts, and RealFeel®.
* Weather display of North American radar and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
* Current news and broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
* Customizable color themes.
Storage for unlimited amount of locations along with up to 10 favorite locations. Favorites show current temperature along with a short description. From the “Locations” menu option, long press hold on a favorite location for more actions.
* Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
To find out all the latest news and information whilst in your favourite city, City.Mobi has launched its new guide to the city.
London.mobi is the latest in this illustrious line up, offering click to call functionality – which means no scribbling down telephone numbers.
City.Mobi offers the most comprehensive mobile travel guides available, with over 800 cities in 200 countries listed. Each is developed by the City.Mobi team to combine into a single global travel directory.
Most entries are also linked to websites where users can quickly access more detailed information if needed.
Other key features include information on accommodation, restaurants, attractions, entertainment, nightlife, shopping, and transport.
City.Mobi guides include user reviews and traveller utilities such as a translation guide, currency converter, news and local weather guide.