Metrolink made headlines across the region with its 16-train service expansion, including four all-new express trains. The growth will continue during the first week of July when Metrolink will add new weekend beach trains and six weekday trips on the Orange County Line.
Metrolink will operate two round-trips on the Inland Empire-Orange County line from San Bernardino to both Oceanside and San Juan Capistrano on weekends from July 2, 2011, through October 9, 2011.
Additionally, Metrolink will add six weekday trips on the Orange County Line, between Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo and Fullerton stations, starting July 5, 2011, as part of the Metrolink Service Expansion Program. Additions include:
• Train 641 operating from Oceanside to Fullerton at 2:47 p.m.
• Train 640 operating from Fullerton to Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo at 4:50 p.m.
• Train 643 operating from Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo to Fullerton at 5:50 p.m.
• Train 642 operating from Fullerton to Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo at 7:45 p.m.
• Train 645 operating from Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo to Fullerton at 8:50 p.m.
• Train 644 operating from Fullerton to Oceanside at 10:00 p.m. except when there’s a train to the Angels’ 7:05 p.m. game. Then it will operate 30 minutes after game ends.
On July 5, there also will be minor schedule adjustments to accommodate the additional service. The Antelope Valley Line morning and evening express trains will depart later to better serve passengers.