Flybe, the UK’s Biggest Domestic Airline, can confirm the following headlines from this morning’s flying schedule:
* 565 flights were due to operate today from Flybe’s 38 UK airports.
* As of 0900, 149 flights had been cancelled, with the likelihood of the overwhelming majority of remaining flights also being cancelled. .
* 24,764 passengers have been or will be offered alternative flights or refunds, depending on their position.
* 70 of Flybe’s 71 aircraft have been grounded.
* Flybe operational staff are liaising closely with NATS and Metrological colleagues and will issue further updates as the situation develops.