Emmy Award-winning former anchor of 20/20 Hugh Downs and bestselling author Bill Bryson are set to join a remarkable array of renowned lecturers slated to host enrichment programs aboard Silver Whisper’s first-ever World Cruise in 2012.
On January 6, Silver Whisper will embark guests in Fort Lauderdale for a remarkable 115-day World Cruise that concludes in glamorous Monte Carlo. On this magnificent odyssey, her guests will visit 45 ports in 27 countries stretching from the Caribbean and South America to Africa, the Far East, Arabia and Europe. Along the way, they will enjoy 13 overnight visits and exclusive insider access to seldom seen global treasures.
To complement such a momentous journey, Silversea is lining up an impressive cast of distinguished speakers. Among those already tapped to host enriching presentations are:
* Hugh Downs: One of the most familiar figures in American television, best known for his 21 years as co-anchor of ABC’s 20/20 news program, will host Voyage 4203, January 23 - February 5, Rio de Janeiro to Cape Town.
* Bill Bryson: The celebrated author, whose numerous international bestsellers include the science book A Short History of Nearly Everything, winner of the Aventis Prize, is slated to host Voyage 4206, March 3 - 14, Singapore - Shanghai.
* Nigel West: Renowned military historian specializing in intelligence, counterintelligence and security issues, his many books include At Her Majesty’s Secret Service, will host Voyage 4205, February 16 - March 3, Mauritius - Singapore.
* Daniel Silke: A politician and international affairs expert, who served four years as a Member of Parliament in the Western Cape Provincial Parliament in Cape Town, is slated to host Voyage 4203, January 23 - February 5, Rio de Janeiro to Cape Town.
* Robin Hanbury-Tenison, O.B.E.: Founder and president of Survival International, the world’s leading organization supporting tribal peoples, and named by The Sunday Times as “the greatest explorer of the past 20 years,” will host Voyage 4202, January 7 - 23, Fort Lauderdale to Rio de Janeiro.
* James Bradley: World War II scholar and bestselling author of Flags of Our Fathers (his father raised the U.S. flag over Iwo Jima in 1945), will host Voyage 4207, March 14 - 26, Shanghai - Bangkok.
* Philip Hurst: Historian and world affairs expert, this former deputy director of The Australian Institute of International Affairs, will host Voyage 4208, March 26 - April 13, Bangkok - Dubai.
* Tim Hughes, Ph.D.: Former lecturer in political studies at the University of Cape Town and consultant to the BBC since 1994, working as an adviser on national elections, Zimbabwe and Nelson Mandela, will host Voyage 4204, February 5 - 16, Cape Town - Mauritius.
* Dr. Mark H. Elovitz: The internationally acclaimed world affairs commentator and lecturer, who served as a professor of law, a litigator, government advisor, historian and U.S. Air Force officer, will host Voyages 4206 - 4207, March 3 - 26, Singapore - Bangkok.
* Dr. Herb Keyser: Author of numerous books and featured on several U.S. television programs, including Nightline, the physician, world traveler and music expert will host Voyage 4209, April 13 - May 1, Dubai - Monte Carlo.
“World Cruise guests expect a truly extraordinary journey offering broad cultural exploration and intellectual adventure,” said Steve Tucker, Silversea’s vice president of field sales for North America. “We searched the globe to find just the right professors and distinguished personalities to share their knowledge and insights. The result is an impeccable enrichment roster that is sure to enhance our guests’ travel experience.”