Plans for the authentic New Orleans holiday:
* The 6th Annual Lighting of the Balconies, an official kick-off of the Holiday Season in the French Quarter, takes place at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Thursday December 1st. In traditional New Orleans style, the event includes a traditional 2nd-Line parade with brass band, gospel choir performances, and members of the New Orleans Saintsations. Event is free and open to the public;
* Royal Teddy Bear Teas take place from Friday December 16th through Friday December 23rd. The Teas are the perfect family holiday experience. Mr. and Mrs Claus, Rudolph, Frosty and many holiday characters come to life for children of all ages. Morning and afternoon tea-seatings available. Reservations required;
* Special Papa Noel rates make a New Orleans holiday experience special. Offered November 26th through December 29th;
* Royal Teddy Bear Ornaments give back to the community. Each year the RSH commissions a local artist to create signed and numbered original works of art to collect or give as gifts. Proceeds support Children’s Hospital of New Orleans.
* Special holiday performances by local school choirs take place M-F in the elegant RSH Main Lobby. A tour of the elaborate holiday decor is a MUST for both visitors and locals.
The 500-room Royal Sonesta Hotel is located in the heart of the fabulous French Quarter, just steps from world-famous restaurants, antique shops, jazz clubs and premier tourist attractions. Its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm. The hotel surrounds a tropical courtyard, just off an elegant marble lobby. The guestrooms offer views of the beautifully landscaped pool, secluded patios or French Quarter life. The hotel boasts over 20,000 square feet of functional meeting space as well as a brand new, luxurious Board Room equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology.
Also in US today, City.Mobi is celebrating the success of its new guide to New Orleans.
City.Mobi offers the most comprehensive mobile travel guides available, with over 800 cities in 200 countries listed. Each is developed by the City.Mobi team to combine into a single global travel directory.
NewOrleans.mobi is the latest in this illustrious line up, offering click to call functionality – which means no scribbling down telephone numbers.
Most entries are also linked to websites where users can quickly access more detailed information if needed.
Other key features include information on accommodation, restaurants, attractions, entertainment, nightlife, shopping, and transport.
City.Mobi guides include user reviews and traveller utilities such as a translation guide, currency converter, news and local weather guide.