Shoppers heading to the high seas can now enjoy a revamped and refurbished retail experience onboard Royal Caribbean International’s Independence of the Seas.
This summer, the 427 square foot Royal Promenade shopping street running the length of the ship, has undergone a number of enhancements to the existing onboard shops.
Key updates include:
* ‘Perfume and Cosmetics’ shop re-branded and refurbished as ‘Desire’ offering costume jewellery and handbags
* ‘The General Store’ has become ‘The Gift Box’ shop selling general gifts and souvenirs
* ‘Fashion Boutique’ is now the ‘Duty Free Emporium’ featuring a host of tax-free items including designer sunglasses and prestigious alcohol brands
* ‘Get Out There’ store is now known as ‘Season’ and offers the latest in fashion attire and accessories
* ‘Logo’ is the refurbished as ‘The Perfume House’ selling fragrances, cosmetics and beauty products
Jo Rzymowska, Associate Vice President and General Manager UK and Ireland – Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, commented:
“We’re dedicated to making sure our guests get value for money from their cruise holiday and now they can take advantage of even more tax-free savings on some of their favourite shopping purchases with increased ranges from the newly refurbished shops. The revamp to the retail outlets onboard Independence of the Seas is another important step in our rolling investment into the onboard experience.”
Launched in 2008, Independence of the Seas has become a popular holiday option for those wishing to cruise from Southampton in the UK to Europe and the Mediterranean all year round. Other onboard highlights include a FlowRider surf simulator, rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and H2O Zone waterpark.
Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 22 ships currently in service. The line also offers unique cruise tour land packages in Alaska, Australia, Canada, Dubai, Europe, and New Zealand.