As the countdown to IMEX America this fall begins to accelerate, the IMEX Group has announced that Monday October 10, 2011 - the day before the trade show officially opens - will be branded “Smart Monday”.
“Smart Monday” will offer a full day of cutting-edge professional education and represents the start of a power-packed week - through IMEX America and co-located events - of industry education, networking and business opportunities for professionals at all levels of the worldwide meetings, incentive travel and events industry.
“Smart Monday’s” signature educational experience, the MeetDifferent Day of Education and Innovation, is designed and delivered by IMEX America’s strategic partner and premier educational provider, MPI (Meeting Professionals International). MPI brings more unique education to IMEX America than anyone else, connecting attendees to insightful ideas presented in the bold, MeetDifferent style with thought-provoking topics presented by dynamic experts in innovative formats.
MPI’s commitment to enhancing the attendee experience with quality education doesn’t end on Monday. MPI is also bringing daily keynote speakers including: technology expert Peter Shehan; business authenticity expert Dr. Brenè Brown; and change activist Robin Sieger. These daily keynotes will be held each morning to inspire and energize attendees with bold ideas before show doors open.
Uniquely, all MPI educational experiences delivered throughout the exhibition will be completely free of charge and available to everyone.
Six more educational events to make up “Smart Monday”
In addition, six other important educational events will take place in Vegas on “Smart Monday”, October 10, 2011.
- IAEE (International Association of Exhibitions and Events) will be running its CEM Professional Designation Learning Program for members during the day. The program will cover all aspects of Strategic Planning and Management and has already received a great deal of interest from members. (This follows their CEM Program focussed on Housing and Registration Management on October 9.)
- In the afternoon, the Association of Global Travel Executives (ACTE) will be holding one of its Power Talks, with special content devised for an IMEX America audience. Registration for both events is available via the associations.
- Getting a head-start, beginning Saturday October 8, 2011 - Monday October 10, the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) will be holding their popular ‘Association Expert Seminar’. This seminar follows a strong tradition of similar events held in advance of IMEX in Frankfurt. These are always extremely well received and seen as a valuable part of ICCA members’ annual educational calendar.
- Another key aspect of “Smart Monday” will be the IMEX America Association Day, organized in partnership with ICCA and ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership. Based on the highly successful model used at IMEX in Frankfurt, IMEX America Association Day will offer a full afternoon of dedicated professional education aimed specifically at those issues most valuable and relevant to the work and career progression of association meeting planners. The full program, which will include industry-leading speakers and other experts, is set to be announced in May. Entry to IMEX America Association Day is free of charge for all association meeting planners and registration will be available in June.
Previous US planners who have attended Association Day at IMEX in Frankfurt have testified to its value. Janice Carroll, Vice President of Client Services at Virtual Inc, Wakefield, USA, described it as: “A superb concept, the seminars are topical and well-presented.” Greg Shaw, Director of International and Corporate Relations for the International Federation of Aging in Canada, commented: “The IMEX Association Day programme… and evening function, were great opportunities to listen to experts, meet with fellow organisers and share ideas.”
In addition, IMEX exhibitors who are members of the organizing associations are invited to join the IMEX America Association Evening, which will follow immediately after the IMEX Association Day program ends. This gives suppliers a valuable chance to network and do business with association meeting planners. Registration for the IMEX Association Evening Reception will be free of charge, although numbers will be restricted. Registration for this essential networking event will open online in August.
- Also topping off “Smart Monday” will be Site Nite North America - Site’s signature foundation networking event - taking place at the Encore Beach Resort.
- Finally two significant customer events will also be taking place on “Smart Monday”, ensuring that many of IMEX America’s most influential and senior US meetings buyers will be in Las Vegas on the same day. These private events will be held by Maritz Travel and Carlson Marketing and both are by invitation-only.
Ray Bloom, Chairman of IMEX Group comments, “We are delighted with the way our industry partners have come together to deliver an outstanding array of education and networking before IMEX America has even begun and are very excited about the powerhouse line-up of events that will be taking place on “Smart Monday” across Las Vegas. It is a great way to get everyone geared up and plugged in before IMEX America starts!”
For more information on “Smart Monday”, see www.imexamerica.com/smartmonday.html