Hertz and Navigation Solutions today announced the launch of the next generation Hertz NeverLost® GPS navigation system across the U.S. The award-winning in-vehicle system now offers even more customization capabilities for travelers along with new, breakthrough navigation tools for ease, convenience and personalisation when planning trips. The new system syncs directly with the recently launched Hertz NeverLost® Companion app, giving travelers access to more than 10 million U.S. destinations on their mobile devices to plan trips at their leisure, then instantly begin navigation in their Hertz rental.
Hertz NeverLost® is available to rent along with a Hertz vehicle and offers groundbreaking features for rental GPS systems within the car rental industry, including:
· Hands-Free Calls – For ease and safety on the road, pair with a smartphone to make and receive calls and access contacts. Phone numbers for points of interest within the device can also be dialed.
· Travel Guide – Explore the city and discover local events. Quickly search through thousands of points of interest and get even more out of the trip with accompanying audio, images and descriptions.
· Weather, Flights & More – Discover special events and local attractions and get access to weather and flight information.
· NeverLost Concierge – Live concierge operators are available to help search for destinations, build custom trips and send route information directly to the NeverLost system.
· Companion App – Stay connected with the NeverLost Companion app to sync favorites, explore the area and search for destinations from any location.
· My Favorites – Enter download codes or use the USB flash drive to access trips built on NeverLost.com, the Companion app, or excursions built by the NeverLost Concierge team.
· Contact Hertz – The device is programmed with all necessary Hertz phone numbers. And with hands-free calling, Hertz can be contacted with a paired smartphone with the press of a button.
· Rental Record Info – View current rental record information on the device.
“We’re thrilled to be rolling out the newest version of Hertz NeverLost across the U.S. to offer travelers a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use navigation tool when renting with Hertz,” said Rob Moore, Hertz Chief Technology Officer. “With the instantaneous connection to our new Companion app, the NeverLost system has become a first-of-its-kind within the travel industry, shaping the wave of the future for navigation technology.”