Flybe will begin operating as many of our services as possible after 1300 today. All flights due to operate PRIOR to 1300 are cancelled, with the exception of the following flights which have now been re-scheduled to depart after 1300:
BE1646 Bergerac - Southampton (dep 1610 arr 1650)
BE7109 Birmingham - Hamburg (dep 1300 arr 1550)
BE431 Birmingham - Hannover (dep 1300 arr 1555)
BE7113 Birmingham - Milan Malpensa (dep 1300 arr 1605)
BE705 Exeter - Newcastle (dep 1300 arr 1415)
BE1425 Exeter - Malaga (dep 1300 arr 1630)
BE7110 Hamburg - Birmingham (dep 1615 arr 1720)
BE432 Hannover - Birmingham (dep 1620 arr 1720)
BE706 Hannover - Newcastle (dep 1805 arr 1905)
BE1226 Limoges - Southampton (dep 1555 arr 1625)
BE1426 Malaga - Exeter (dep 1710 arr 1850)
BE7354 Manchester - Milan Malpensa (dep 1300 arr 1620)
BE7114 Milan Malpensa - Birmingham (dep 1635 arr 1745)
BE7355 Milan Malpensa - Manchester (dep 1650 arr 1805)
BE706 Newcastle - Exeter (dep 1950 arr 2105)
BE705 Newcastle- Hannover (dep 1440 arr 1740)
BE1645 Southampton - Bergerac (dep 1300 arr 1545)
BE1225 Southampton - Limoges (dep 1300 arr 1530)
All other flights scheduled to depart after 1300, Flybe intend to operate as scheduled. However, Flybe have had to CANCEL the following flights due to depart after 1300 largely because their outbound legs had already been cancelled in prior to 1300:
BE644 Aberdeen - Leeds Bradford (dep 1815)
BE483 Belfast City - Manchester (dep 1715)
BE7077 Birmingham - Frankfurt (dep 1405)
BE790 Birmingham - Glasgow (dep 1530)
BE282 Cardiff - Belfast City (dep 1450)
BE264 Doncaster - Belfast City (dep 1415)
BE1504 Exeter - Belfast City (dep 1525)
BE643 Exeter - Leeds Bradford (dep 1450)
BE7078 Frankfurt - Birmingham (dep 1740)
BE7266 Frankfurt - Manchester (dep 1520)
BE791 Glasgow - Birmingham (dep 1710)
BE1130 Jersey - Edinburgh (dep 1300)
BE946 Jersey - London Gatwick (dep 1620)
BE164 Jersey - Luton (dep 1430)
BE456 Jersey - Manchester (dep1410)
BE643 Leeds Bradford - Aberdeen (dep 1620)
BE644 Leeds Bradford - Exeter (dep 1955)
BE174 Leeds Bradford - Southampton (dep 1705)
BE7294 London Gatwick - Aberdeen (dep 1450)
BE7325 London Gatwick - Inverness (dep 1435)
BE164 Luton - Isle of Man (dep 1600)
BE163 Luton - Jersey (dep 1300)
BE482 Manchester - Belfast City (dep 1550)
BE870 Manchester - Southampton (dep 1650)
BE1504 Paris Charles de Gaulle - Exeter (dep 1430)
BE714 Paris Charles de Gaulle - Jersey (dep 1545)
BE1026 Rennes - Southampton (dep 1320)
BE173 Southampton - Leeds Bradford (dep 1540)
BE869 Southampton - Manchester (dep 1520)
Flybe advises travellers to continue checking www.flybe.com on a regular basis for further updates.
1. Passengers whose flight has been cancelled may:
a) Rebook free of charge for travel within the next 28 days subject to space being available on the aircraft
b) Rebook for travel at any time free of charge on similar route subject to availability
c) Request a full refund
2. Passengers who have rebooked due to a cancellation and wish to travel earlier may: a) Rebook free of charge for travel within the next 7 days subject to space being available on the aircraft
3. Passengers with bookings for travel within 72 hours who need to change their plans may:
a) Rebook free of charge for travel within the next 7 days subject to space being available on the aircraft
4. For passengers who have requested a refund and now wish to fly within the next 28 days, Flybe will do everything possible to reinstate your booking, subject to availability, providing the refund has not already been processed.
Travel agents may request refunds via their BSP link for any flights cancelled in order to minimise delays.
Flybe has increased staffing levels to manage the exceptionally high volume of calls and our lines are operating at maximum capacity. Thank you for your patience in these unique and unprecedented circumstances.
To minimise call centre volumes, only passengers booked to travel between today and Thursday 22nd should attempt to call the Customer Call Centre on 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10 pence per minute from BT landlines; calls from other networks may be higher) or, if calling from outside the UK, 00 44 1392 268500. Please note that this is the only Flybe contact number that can process booking changes.
Customers who have been unable to travel over the last four days can make reservations on these services by calling Flybe on 0871 700 2000 (calls cost 10 pence per minute from BT landlines; calls from other networks may be higher) or Loganair’s Air Discount Scheme helpline on: 0844 800 2855 (0700 to 1700)
Online ticket changes
If you are due to travel on any cancelled flights today and you can still retrieve your booking online, you can change your booking here at flybe.com without incurring a change fee. In addition Flybe will refund you fully for any fare differential and any card administration charges. This policy is only applicable if you change your booking to commence travel within 28 days of your original departure date. You may also change the return portion of your journey free of charge as long as the length of stay at the destination remains the same.
1. Please make the change online as normal.
2. Email us at [email protected] providing your booking reference. Flybe will fully refund any fare differential and any card administration charges. Flybe aim to make this refund within 21 days, but your bank may take longer to deliver the refund to your account. (This email address should be used only if you are changing your booking and require a refund on the extras costs incurred)
3. Emails must be sent immediately to [email protected] following your online change otherwise the refund will not be processed. Flybe will notify you once refund has been processed and Flybe ask for your patience during this busy period.
LOGANAIR UPDATE APRIL 21ST 1120
Despite the widely publicised re-opening of UK airspace last night, National Air Traffic Services has issued directions in the last hour which indicate that the forecast concentrations of volcanic ash in the area around Orkney and Shetland are now expected to exceed safe operating limits between 13:00 and 19:00 today.
As a result, the planned afternoon services on the following routings have now been CANCELLED:
Orkney inter-island services are not affected by this decision and will continue as scheduled.
Loganair had, in good faith, expected to operate the flights today and has aircrew and aircraft standing by to be able to do so. However, consistent with all of our previous advice, flight safety is the overriding priority at all times and the decision to cancel these flights has been taken on the basis of the latest directions from NATS and advice from the Met Office.
An update relating to the flying programme for tomorrow, Thursday 22 April, will be issued this afternoon
In terms of options open to customers:
1. If your flight has been cancelled, you can:
a) Rebook free of charge for travel within the next 28 days subject to space being available on the aircraft.
b) Rebook for travel at any time for no charge provided that your original fare is available.
c) Obtain a full refund for any part(s) of the journey not taken.
2. If you have already rebooked your journey but wish to bring your travel plans forward an earlier date, you can rebook free of charge for travel within the next 7 days subject to space being available on the aircraft.
3. If you are booked to travel within the next 72 hours but need to change your travel plans, you can Rebook free of charge for travel within the next 7 days subject to space being available on the aircraft.
4. If you have already requested a refund but now wish to fly within the next 28 days, Flybe will do all possible to reinstate the booking subject to availability, providing the refund has not been processed.
Customers wishing to re-book or make new bookings on those flights which are operating should call the Flybe call centre on 0871 700 2000 or call the Loganair Air Discount Scheme reservations helpline on 0844 800 2855.