Flybe, the UK’s number one domestic airline, has today announced the addition of 16 brand new routes to its full Summer 2010 programme that includes those serving Birmingham, Exeter, Guernsey, Jersey, Manchester and Southampton as well as another new European route from London Gatwick where the airline is the largest UK domestic carrier: new destinations include those in regional France, and Verona in northern Italy. This means that travellers have an extensive selection of a total 3,738 Flybe summer flights a week from which to choose!
All Flybe’s previously announced Summer 2010 routes, together with those of its franchise partner, Loganair, are now available for booking through to October 30th, 2010; the complete 2010 summer schedule now on sale at www.flybe.com for travel effective 28th March with prices starting from £22.99 one-way including taxes and charges.
Highlights of Flybe’s brand new summer routes include:
* Birmingham: Avignon (3xweek), Bordeaux (4xweek), Limoges (3xweek) and Rennes (3Xweek)
* Guernsey: Edinburgh* (3xweek) and Belfast* (2xweek)
* Jersey: Once weekly Prestwick and Durham Tees Valley
* London Gatwick: Limoges (3xweek)
* Manchester: Avignon (2xweek), Bergerac (3xweek) and Limoges (3xweek)
* Southampton: Verona (weekly)
*Subject to licensing approval from the States of Guernsey
Flybe’s other brand new summer routes also now on sale serve the German city of Hannover from Exeter – with a through running service via Newcastle - and Newcastle direct; and a Bristol to the Isle of Man service.
In addition to all these brand new routes, other highlights include the return of the airline’s popular French regional routes from Exeter to Avignon, Bergerac and Rennes together with services to Dubrovnic and Norwich.
Also returning for Summer 2010:
* Aberdeen: Jersey
* Belfast City: Jersey
* Birmingham: Bergerac, Brest, Dubrovnic, La Rochelle, Split, Toulouse
* Edinburgh: Bergerac, Rennes
* Glasgow: La Rochelle
* Inverness: Jersey, Southampton
* Isle of Man: Southampton
* Jersey: Aberdeen, Belfast City, Dundee, Humberside, Inverness, Nice, Southend
* Manchester: Brest, La Rochelle, Rennes
* Newcastle: Limoges
* Southampton: Avignon, Bordeaux, Brest, Dubrovnic, Isle of Man, Limoges, Perpignon, Rennes, Split, Salzburg and Toulouse
Mike Rutter, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer, comments: “In an environment in which other airlines are withdrawing services, we’re delighted to be offering close to 4,000 summer flights a week that include the operation of another 16 brand new routes. We are committed to ensuring that Flybe offers an extensive range of affordable quality flights to the widest possible range of attractive destinations.
“With people already planning next year’s holidays and wanting their budgets go as far as possible, it’s advisable to book early and take advantage of the lowest possible fares.”