The exotic countries and vibrant cultures of Thailand, Malaysia, Burma, Indochina, China and Japan are among the countries filling the pages of Kuoni’s latest brochure, on the Far East.
There are holidays in captivating cities such as Bangkok with its floating markets, beautiful small island hideaways, in Vietnam cultural riches to soak up amid the stupas, pagodas and peaceful temples in Burma. In total there are holidays in almost a dozen countries spanning the region, from China and Japan in the north to the Indonesian island of Lombok furthest south.
At the heart of this brochure, which is valid September 2012 to December 2013, are exclusive resorts, multi centres, new tours, sublime beaches, family-friendly holidays, brand new hotels and good value 3.5-star accommodation.
“The Far East offers such fascinating diversity that everyone can find their dream holiday,” says Dagmar Marrocco, Kuoni’s Market Manager. “The ultra-modern resorts with the ageless nature of these inspiring countries and its picture postcard beaches, all culminate in perfect Kuoni holidays and wrapped up with our award-winning service.”
The highlights include:
* A huge increase in flight capacity ex-UK to Vietnam is behind Kuoni’s expanded holiday offering, including multi-centres, beach stays and touring
* New hotels in Vietnam: In Saigon/Hanoi, in Phan Thiet, Mui Ne and Nha Trang, highlighted by the five-star Fusion Alya in Hoi An, the country’s first culinary resort with open show kitchen opening later this year, and the new four-star Liberty Central
Spectacular hotels across Thailand, 10 are exclusive to Kuoni UK: these include Rocky’s Boutique Resort and Silavadee Pool Spa Resort in Koh Samui, Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa in Krabi, Royal Lanta Resort & Spa in Koh Lanta Yai, Andaman White Beach and the Holiday Inn Resort * Phuket Mai Khao Beach in Phuket, the Let’s Sea in Hua Hin and Lit! Bangkok
* An array of emerging hotels in quieter beach destinations of Khao Lak, Koh Lanta and Krabi, from the secluded beaches of Phuket’s Cape Panwa and The Surin hotels to three beachfront properties: Sands Khao Lak, Koh Lanta’s Layana Resort & Spa and Koh Samui’s Tongsai Bay
* Good value, family-friendly properties, including the four-star Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach - the perfect place for all the family. It has a quiet, unspoilt beach, spa, yoga and fitness centre, cooking classes, a handful of eating and drinking venues, and a safe environment for kids, with a kids’ club, Teen zone, outdoor play area and extensive grounds to explore by bike. There are balconied or terraced rooms, family suites and kids’ suites from £95 per room
* New tours, such as the ten-night, three-star Discover Vietnam tour that touches all the main attractions, to the two-day Mekong Delta Tour that cruises past floating markets, rice fields, forests, villages and sugar cane fields or the Eastern & Orient Express Road to Mandalay cruise to view the beauty of Burma. Kuoni’s three-star Enchanting Laos & The Temples of Angkor is the best value tour
* Perennial favourites: Phuket, Langkawi, Borneo and Vietnam among them
* Multi-centre holidays, pairing a stopover in one of Asia’s vibrant cities with one of the region’s islands or places of interest, such as Hong Kong & Bali, Ubud, Gili & Lombok, Singapore & Borneo, Ho Chi Minh City & Siem Reap, Kuala Lumpur & Borneo, Dubai, Bangkok & Phuket or Koh Samui & Koh Phangan.