ebookers.com (www.ebookers.com), one of Europe’s largest online travel companies, today announced the launch of new advances in its hotel offering. The innovations provide consumers with quick and easy-to-review tools enabling a fast and informed hotel booking decision.
“By steadily rolling out time-saving and innovative features across Europe, we aim to demonstrate to consumers that ebookers.com should be the top site they consider when searching and booking accommodation,” said Tamer Tamar, President, ebookers.com. “Ebookers.com is focused on developing new service offerings to help consumers enjoy their travel planning, whether it’s a family holiday in Greece or a city break in Barcelona.”
ebookers.com’s new accommodations features include the following:
* Slides and Filters: New slides and filter functionality means customers can change their accommodation search results within seconds by changing the position of slide bars at the top of the page, filtering lodging results by different criteria, such as hotel star ratings and authentic customer hotel reviews.
* Improved Hotel Mapping: ebookers.com customers are now able to search and browse for hotels using interactive maps, powered by Microsoft. The maps allow customers to zoom in on a particular area and see the prices and details of a particular accommodation.
* ‘Saved’ Hotels: This functionality allows customers to save their preferred hotels to a “wish list” which they can easily access the next time they search for an accommodation on ebookers.com.
* Recent Hotel Searches: This service provides customers the ability to resurrect previous accommodation searches. ebookers.com can save previous search enquiries so that when consumers do a fresh search a few days later, it recognizes their recently queried destinations, favourite hotels and other previous requirements. Prices and dates will change in each fresh search.
* Amenities Search: ebookers.com can also enable customers to search for lodging based on their desired facilities. Customers can select which hotel amenities are important to them upfront so that they’re presented back with more relevant options. Amenities include everything from free breakfasts and business centres to swimming pools and babysitting services.
These new advances in online accommodation booking are in addition to a number of recently added features that are already available on ebookers.com. These include access to global lodging inventory and thousands of authentic hotel reviews, which unlike many other hotel review sites are only written by ebookers customers who have actually stayed in the property and booked through ebookers or any of the other Orbitz Worldwide brands (http://corp.orbitz.com).
“The initial customer feedback from these innovations has been extremely positive, with over 97% of our customers saying that they would come back to ebookers to search for, plan and book their next trip,” added Tamar.