· Full services continue to and from London
· Majority of regional services running as planned
· Train services now calling at all stations between Mansfield and Worksop
· Services between Lincoln and Doncaster expected to resume on Tuesday 7 December
· Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes route remains closed due to freezing icy conditions
East Midlands Trains today (Monday 6 December) advised passengers that the majority of services are continuing to run as normal.
Services to and from London, which returned to normal on Saturday 4 December, are continuing to run in full.
Following the company’s snow clearing efforts, normal services have now resumed between Mansfield and Worksop, with trains calling at all stations on this route. This includes Shirebrook, Langwith-Whaley Thorns and Creswell stations.
In addition, services are expected to resume between Lincoln and Doncaster on Tuesday 7 December. Due to the severe icy conditions on the line between Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes, Network Rail has advised that services are still unable to operate on this route.
Passengers are advised to check for up-to-date travel information and leave additional time for their journeys. Information and advice will continue to be provided and updated on the East Midlands Trains website (www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk) and National Rail Enquiries website (www.nationalrail.co.uk). Passengers are also advised to review customer information screens at stations or speak to a member of station staff.
Services are operating as normal, subject to alterations and delays, on the following East Midlands Trains regional routes:
• Nottingham to Matlock
• Leicester to Nottingham
• Nottingham to Worksop
• Lincoln to Peterborough
• Derby to Crewe
• Nottingham to Lincoln via Newark
• Sheffield to Norwich
As a result of the difficult weather conditions, no trains are currently running between the following locations:
• Lincoln to Doncaster (expected to resume on Tuesday 7 December)
• Lincoln to Grimsby/Cleethorpes
Passengers are advised to check for up-to-date travel information and leave additional time for their journeys.
• Check the East Midlands Trains Website at www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk which provides service updates
• Visit the National Rail Enquiries (NRE) website at www.nationalrail.co.uk which includes all information about current disruption (www.nationalrail.co.uk/disruption), live departure boards of train services and journey planners
• National Rail Enquiries (NRE), has set up a dedicated phone hotline to provide passengers with up to date information about disruption caused by snow. The number is 08453 017641 and allows passengers to hear recorded information about the train company they travel with
• Subscribe to NRE Twitter updates at @nationalrailenq