China vows to continue search for missing flight MH370

China vows to continue search for missing flight MH370 China has releases satellite images showing potential debris from the plane

Chinese premier Li Keqiang has said as long as there is a “glimmer of hope” the search will continue for Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

Flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing late on Friday, with 239 passengers and crew on board.

There has been no sign of the aircraft since, with nations across the region involved in a search for the plane.

Vietnam and Malaysia are presently investigating the latest in a series of leads, satellite images released by China which appear to show possible debris in the South China Sea.

However, both countries have previously been unable to find debris at the same location.

Teams have since been searching waters on both sides of the Malaysian peninsula for any sign of the plane, while several previous sightings of possible debris in other areas have proved fruitless.

Li Keqiang said: “We will not give up on any suspected clue.”

The plane vanished late on Friday, about an hour after it took off from Kuala Lumpur.

No distress signal or message was sent from the flight, which was carrying 153 Chinese nationals among its passengers.