Hurricane season is well and truly underway, with five storms currently whipping some of the more coastal regions in America and East Asia, and more already developing over the oceans. These extreme storms can wreak havoc, severely affecting holidays in the region. Leading independent travel insurance specialist, insurewithease.com, is therefore encouraging holidaymakers to double-check their insurance covers catastrophes and extreme weather conditions.
Sarah Findlay, Online Marketing Manager for insurewithease.com explains: “Whether locally referred to as a tropical storm, hurricane or typhoon, we are advising travellers to do their research before travelling. It is always a good idea to check out the seasons of a destination before booking – when you see a bargain break advertised check the local seasons first to avoid a nasty surprise when you touch down.
“Better deals are often available during rainy, hurricane or typhoon seasons, and if you decide to travel at these times it’s important to make sure you’re covered by your travel insurance. When choosing insurance, check that it will cover you for delayed departure or abandonment of a holiday due to natural disaster or extreme weather conditions striking before you even depart the UK. Also, check that the policy provides cover for some of the additional unexpected costs that you may incur if a hurricane strikes when you’re at your holiday destination. For example additional accommodation costs if you are required to move out of your pre-booked hotel due to extreme weather.”
“We also advise holidaymakers to keep an eye on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website, which is the most up to date source of information affecting travellers,” confirmed Sarah Findlay. “You can sign up to receive automatic email alerts from the FCO regarding your destination to make sure you get up to the minute information on any issues that may affect your trip. If a warning does appear before you are due to travel, speak to your airline or tour operator for advice.”
Insurewithease.com provides a full range of cover for single trip and annual multi-trip travel insurance, including:
· Cover for unlimited trips throughout the year on annual policies (maximum 45 days on Platinum policies)
· Cover for single trips up to 3 months
· Cover for travel delay from the UK and abandonment after 24 hours*
· Catastrophe Cover as standard for earthquakes, hurricanes, floods and more*
· Cover available for winter sports, golf, business and wedding
· FREE cover for children under 18 on single trip policies
· Excess waiver option available on all policies
· 24-hour worldwide emergency medical assistance
· Text message service providing policy number and emergency assistance details