Celebrity Eclipse is marking its third consecutive summer season based from Southampton with a host of exciting new destinations such as Reykjavik in Iceland, Genoa in Italy, and Ponta Delgada in the Azores. The much-anticipated 2012 return of the ship sees a revamp of the cruise itineraries and durations on offer in response to guest demand – including a series of eight and fourteen night cruises.
“Celebrity Eclipse is the most popular ship in the Celebrity Cruises fleet for UK and Irish holidaymakers, and we’ve further enhanced itineraries and destinations to keep guests coming back” explains Dominic Paul, Vice President & Managing Director, UK & Ireland.
“Whilst we will continue to offer our hugely popular 14 night Mediterranean cruises we are also extending the reach of countries and cities that Celebrity Cruises offers. The beautiful Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruises are new for 2012, and include ports of call such as the Faroe Islands. Plus, for the late summer itineraries, we’ve introduced the garden-like islands of the Azores which should be a great selling point for agents.”
Celebrity Cruises has finalised the 2012 itineraries of UK-based ship Celebrity Eclipse with enough time for agents to gear up to selling the popular ship before general sales open.
2012 summer cruises onboard Celebrity Eclipse departing Southampton, cruise only include:
· Eight-night Norwegian Fjords featuring Bergen, Flam, Geiranger and Oslo in Norway from £799 per person departing in May 2012
· Sailing in May 2012 and September 2012, a 14-night Mediterranean cruise featuring European highlights such as Nice (from Villefranche), Rome (from Civitavecchia and Florence (from Livorno), plus the first calling for Celebrity Eclipse at Porto in Portugal. Prices from £1,299 per person
· Overnight stays in St Petersburg and Copenhagen as part of a 14-night Scandinavia and Russia sailing also featuring Bruges (from Zeebrugge), Berlin (from Warnemunde), Stockholm and Helsinki. Prices from £1,549 per person for sailings throughout May, June, July and August 2012
· Brand new 14-night Iceland and Fjords cruise including an overnight in Reykjavik, as well as ports of call in the Faroe Islands and throughout Norway in July and August 2012 from £1,599 per person
· Autumn sunshine Canaries and Azores 14-night cruise calling at destinations such as Ponta Delgada in the Azores, as well as Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, and Lisbon in Portugal in September and October 2012. Prices from £1,299 per person
Agents will also be able to take advantage of further ‘On Sale Now’ offers from Celebrity Cruises such as free car parking in Southampton for selected Celebrity Eclipse sailings booked before 31 May 2011, and great savings on regional air fares to meet the ship. Return regional flights from airports such as Aberdeen, Belfast, Dublin, Newcastle, and Leeds Bradford are available from £99 (€119) per person. Bookings for Balcony staterooms and above can also take advantage of onboard credit available up to $200 per sailing for the 14-night options.
Celebrity Eclipse’s 2012 summer sailings go on general sale on 10 March 2011, and fare and itinerary information will be available to agents on 24 February 2011.