Mandarin Oriental, Munich is offering guests a special chance to experience the world-famous Oktoberfest in true style with the Oktoberfest Package that includes luxury accommodation, a stylish arrival and access to the Oktoberfest and a host of Bavarian treats.
Dating back to 1810, the sixteen day annual festival is an important and much anticipated part of Bavarian culture. Experience some of Germany’s finest beers, all of which have been brewed in Munich, and sample some of the traditional food, including specialties such as Schweinebraten roast pork, Würstl sausages, Brezn pretzels and Käsespätzle cheese noodles.
The Oktoberfest Package offering from Mandarin Oriental, Munich allows guests access to one of the most famous and popular tents at Oktoberfest – The Hippodrom. Filled with history, The Hippodrom first opened in 1902 and offers a fascinating mix of Bavarian tradition and international flair – attracting a young and trendy crowd, including TV and film stars who flock to the tent for its good food, fantastic beer and amazing atmosphere – there is also a beautiful champagne bar for those who prefer something lighter - and warm service.
The package also offers guests the chance to arrive at Oktoberfest in style via a carriage tour from Mandarin Oriental, Munich to the festival, which is exclusive to hotel guests booking this package. Those taking part will be treated to delicious drinks and traditional Bavarian pretzels whilst the VIP host guides guests on the journey. Guests staying at Mandarin Oriental, Munich over the festival period will also be treated to Bavarian amenities in room on arrival to really kick off the Oktoberfest spirit.
As well as activities taking place across Munich, the elegant Mandarin Oriental will be offering beer tastings and a special Oktoberfest menu within its relaxed BistroMO.
The ultimate package offered by Mandarin Oriental, Munich is based per night on two people sharing a Superior Room and includes:
• Luxury accommodation for one night at Mandarin Oriental, Munich including breakfast at Restaurant Mark’s
• Two seats at a table for eight people in the Oktoberfest Hippodrom tent, inclusive of a three-course dinner, a shared bottle of Champagne (one 1.5 litre bottle for the table) and Champagne mugs from the tent
• An exclusive carriage tour arranged by Mandarin Oriental, Munich from the hotel to the Oktoberfest tent (with 16 people) including drinks and Bavarian pretzels
• A VIP host on the 30 minute carriage tour to the Oktoberfest venues
• Bavarian amenities in room upon arrival
This package is valid from 22 September to 7 October 2012. It is applicable for double rooms and is bookable for groups of up to 8 rooms.