Rosewood’s recently transformed and luxurious private island resort, Jumby Bay, is delighted to offer guests the exclusive opportunity to experience sailing with leading yacht charter company Ondeck, aboard one of their ‘around-the-world’ yachts, based in Antigua. Antigua is recognised as the Caribbean’s sailing capital. Ondeck’s fleet of unrivalled racing yachts have a fascinating history and still actively race in global regattas, from the famous Antigua Sailing week to Cowes Week in the United Kingdom.
Guests at Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort can board the yacht directly from Jumby Bay Island itself. Previous sailing experience is not necessary just a desire to take the helm, hoist the sails, grind the winches or indeed to just sit back and let friends and family do the hard work!
The Racing Experience
The Racing Experience at Jumby Bay will offer guests the opportunity to take part in a thrilling head to head sailing race on board Ondeck’s Farr 65s or Beneteau 40.7 Yachts.
The Racing Experience will provide novice sailors or those looking to improve their racing skills with:
· A unique two hour yacht racing learning experience on board one of Ondeck’s
· The support of two professional Ondeck crew, to help guests learn the ropes!
· A two hour group regatta, with a maximum of six guests per regatta entrance and a minimum of two yachts participating in each race.
· Individual races, each lasting 45 minutes.
The price of this thrilling and unique racing experience will be £70 per person, with a minimum suggested age for children of 10 years old.
The Racing Experience can be booked for Saturday, Sunday or Monday, 10:00am and 1:00pm.
The Sunset Yacht Cruise Experience
The Sunset Yacht Cruise Experience provides the opportunity for guests at Jumby Bay to enjoy a relaxing sail around Jumby Bay on board one of Ondeck’s 40ft Beneteau Yachts.
Guests can sip champagne, relax or take the wheel and enjoy the beautiful island landscape including a peek at the exclusive Estate homes dotted around Jumby Bay Island and often only visible from a sea-view. The Sunset Yacht Cruise Experience will provide guests with:
· The exclusive use of one of Ondeck’s 40.7 Beneteau yachts, with a maximum of six guests per sunset cruise (no minimum age)
· The support of two professional Ondeck crew on board the yacht
· Deliciously cooling Champagne.