Dolphin Dynamics, developers of Dolphin for Windows, the leading edge office automation system for travel agencies, announces that during the first week of March it introduced 6 new carriers on its FlightScanner search engine, bringing the number of airlines sites searched in real time to 18.
The four new European carriers are:
- Air Berlin, a German carrier flying domestic German routes and to Austria, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey
- Hapag-Lloyd a German carrier flying to Bulgaria, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey
- Jet2, a British Carrier flying to France, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain
- Volareweb, an Italian carrier flying domestic Italian routes and to Belgium, France, Germany, Spain and the UK.
the two Asia Pacific carriers are:
- Freedom Air a New Zealand carrier covering routes between New Zealand and Australia
- Virgin Blue an Australian carrier flying domestic routes
With the new release, Dolphin Dynamics also introduced a reporting engine as part of the basic FlightScanner Pro product. The reporting module is designed to provide MIS data to system administrators. With this new functionality, each branch administrator is able to see the activity of each user and monitor searches conducted as well as bookings made via FlightScanner.
Dolphin Dynamics President, Roberto Da Re says, “As our customer base increased worldwide and the phenomenon of web distribution spreads, we are starting to introduce carriers operating in regions outside of the European continent. Furthermore, this new release introduces a redesigned back end platform for FlightScanner which will allow us to further speed up the introduction of new carriers as well as increase the ability to integrate FlightScanner with other applications. The release of the reporting module is in fact a building block for the provision of data integration services.”
Related stories on ITN:
(23/01/2003) Two German Carriers Added to Flightscanner
(16/12/2002) Dolphin Dynamics Adds BA to FlightScanner