Priceline.co.uk announced today that its Name Your Own Price? hotel room service has expanded to give UK residents the ability to save on hotel rooms in Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Taiwan.
With this most recent addition, Priceline.co.uk announced that it now has over 9,500 participating hotels in Europe, the U.S., Australia, Japan, Asia (China & Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia), the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada. Priceline.co.uk is owned and operated by U.S.-based priceline.com.
“We are pleased to offer our UK customers broad access to top-quality hotels around the world,” said Glenn Fogel, priceline.com’s Senior Vice President, International. “In addition, our Name Your Own Price model makes if possible for our customers to obtain savings not available anywhere else.”
Priceline.co.uk’s Name Your Own Price® hotel service is easy to use. Leisure travelers pick the exact neighborhood and quality-level of hotel they want, then tell Priceline.co.uk what they’re willing to pay for it. Priceline.co.uk then works with its hotel partners to find one willing to accept the customer’s price for top-of-the-line accommodations.
Some recent examples of Priceline.co.uk customer savings include:
- Sajid S paid £61 a night for a 3-star hotel in Paris’ Opera Quarter - a savings of 50 percent.
- Daniel O paid £101 a night for a 4-star hotel on New York’s Upper East Side - a savings of 50 percent.
- Simon M paid £23 a night for a 2-star hotel in downtown Toronto - a savings of 57 percent.
- Mads D paid £25 a night for a 4-star hotel in Hong Kong’s Kowloon area - a savings of 55 percent.
- Conor O paid £56 a night for a 4-star hotel in Amsterdam’s City Centre - a savings of 51 percent.
- Mark F paid £35 a night for a 5-star hotel in Singapore’s Orchard Road shopping district - a savings of 57 percent.
Lee F paid £35 a night for a 3-star hotel in London’s Hammersmith area - a savings of 40 percent.
- Peter M paid £50 a night for a 4-star hotel in London’s Marble Arch area - a savings of 40 percent.
- Darren W paid £70 a night for a 4-star hotel in central Barcelona - a savings of 41 percent.
- Nathalie J paid £51 a night for a 3-star hotel in Paris’ Latin Quarter - a savings of 41 percent.
- Ruediger F paid £56 a night for a 4-star hotel in Glasgow’s City Centre - a savings of 41 percent.
- Elizabeth L paid £71 a night for a 4-star hotel in Boston’s Back Bay/Theatre District - a savings of 42 percent.
- David S paid £67 a night for a 4-star hotel in Nice - a savings of 46 percent.
- John W paid £50 a night for a 4-star hotel near Rome’s Vatican City - a savings of 48 percent.
- Nicola B paid £51 a night for a 4-star hotel on Chicago’s North Michigan Avenue - a savings of 49 percent.
- Stephanie O paid £61 a night for a 4-star hotel on the San Diego coast - a savings of 49 percent.
Hotel prices shown do not include applicable taxes and fees, or Priceline.co.uk’s processing charge per offer. Savings shown are for the total cost of the hotel room(s), before applicable taxes and fees, when compared to the lowest published rates available at the time of booking for the same itinerary. Savings shown above are subject to change and availability and these results are not necessarily typical. Name Your Own Price hotel rooms are subject to certain restrictions and there is no guarantee that any Name Your Own Price offer will be accepted.
About Priceline.co.uk - Priceline.co.uk is the Internet travel service that offers hotel rooms, car hires. leisure airline tickets and package holidays (including air and hotel room). Priceline.co.uk offers its hotel rooms on a Name Your Own Price basis, while airline tickets, car hires and packaged holidays are offered at discounted fixed prices. Priceline.co.uk is owned and operated by priceline.com.