PARIS, Jean-Marc Espalioux, Chairman of the Management Board of Accor, and Michael Frenzel, Chairman of the Management Board of TUI, today signed a broad-based agreement involving the inclusion of Accor hotels in Europe in TUI tour operations and in France the distribution of the new TUI tour operating brand in Accor`s travel agencies through the L`Alliance network.
The signing, which took place at the Press Club de France, was also attended by Benjamin Cohen, Executive Vice-Chairman of the Accor Management Board in charge of Leisure and Tourism, and Eric Debry, member of the TUI Executive Committee and Chairman of the Nouvelles Frontieres Management Board.
In Europe: Beginning with the 2004 summer season, in 14 European countries(*), TUI tour operators will market 180 Accor hotels under the Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure and Ibis brands, located in tourist cities.
Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
In the French market:
* As part of a preferred partnership contract, TUI France will market nine of Accor`s Coralia Clubs. TUI France has decided to make Coralia Clubs one of its flagship products.
* Its new 2003/2004 fall/winter catalogue will feature seven Coralia Clubs:
* In Morocco, the Coralia Club Palmariva in Marrakech and the Coralia Club La Kasbah in Agadir.
* In Tunisia, the Coralia Club Palm Beach Djerba and the Coralia Club Monastir.
* In Senegal, the Coralia Club Le Baobab.
* In Cuba, the Coralia Club Playa del Oro.
* In Egypt, the Coralia Club Dahab.
For the 2004 summer season, two more will be added:
* In Corsica, the Coralia Club Porticcio.
* In Turkey, the Coralia Club Tekirova.
The contract attests to the two Groups` commitment to building a long-term partnership leveraging the synergies of the world`s leading tour operator and Europe`s leading hotel Group.
A preferred distribution contract has also been signed for the new TUI French tour operating brand with L`Alliance, a company created by Accor (Carlson Wagonlit Travel and Frantour) and Selectour. With its partners CIT, Lusitania, Verney and Wasteels, L`Alliance has a network of 1,074 travel agencies. The contract will take effect in September 2003.
The world`s leading tour operator, TUI generates total sales of EUR 20.3 billion, of which EUR 12.3 billion from its tourism division. In 2002, TUI provided travel arrangements for more than 20 million European customers across Europe. This integrated company is active:
* In tour operating, with 84 brands in Europe.
* In distribution, with 3,700 travel agencies.
* In air travel, with 90 aircraft.
* In hotels, with 280 establishments.
With 150,000 associates in 140 countries, Accor is the European leader and one of the world`s largest groups in travel, tourism and corporate services, with two major international activities:
* hotels: nearly 4,000 hotels (450,000 rooms) in 90 countries, casinos, travel agencies, and restaurants;
* services to corporate clients and public institutions: 13 million people in 32 countries use a broad range of services (food vouchers, people care and services, incentive, loyalty programs, events) engineered and managed by Accor.