As Edinburgh gears up for an action packed festival, the city`s leading five-star Balmoral Hotel announces an exciting range of festival frolics, confirming its status as the place to be this summer.
Recognised as the world`s greatest celebration of the arts, approximately 1.8 million people attend festival events throughout the summer. The Balmoral is fully integrated within the various festivals, due to its prime location and close proximity to the city`s main theatres and venues. The Balmoral remains popular with well-known personalities starring in the Festival, as well as festival-goers hoping to catch a piece of the action.
Guests at the hotel, as well as visitors to the city, can experience an exciting range of illuminating Balmoral initiatives, designed to celebrate the world`s most lively arts festival and ensure a fun-filled stay in Scotland`s capital.
Highlights at The Balmoral throughout the Festival include:
Jazz up the city * To celebrate the International Jazz & Blues Festival, NB`s Music Destination Bar is hosting its very own “Jazz & Blues Festival” from 25 July - 03 August. NB`s is out to nurture young bands with a talent in jazz and blues and is currently holding auditions for its Matinee Performances. For more information and to receive a listing of the confirmed evening performances call Sam Halleran, NB`s Manager.
Festival Fireworks * The Balmoral, undoubtedly, has one of the best views of the annual Fireworks display, marking the climax of the Festival on Saturday 30 August. View the fireworks over a glass of champagne and four-course dinner in The Balmoral`s splendid Banqueting Suites, situated on the second floor of the hotel. Cost is £85 per person. Call Frances Maurer, Events Manager at The Balmoral for further information.
A culinary landmark -
Hadrian`s, the Balmoral`s buzzy and stylish brasserie, has a range of special promotions throughout the summer:
* Celebrate a new partnership between Hadrian`s and renowned shirtmaker Thomas Pink. Look out for the Hadrian`s flyers in Thomas Pink and Pink Woman Edinburgh, as well as the Thomas Pink displays in Hadrian`s.
* “fantastically french” - Hadrian`s has adapted its amazing-value £10.99 menu with a distinctly French flavour to celebrate the Tour de France. Valid throughout July.
* Taste your senses in the Glen of Tranquillity. Hadrian`s, in association with Glenmorangie, is offering a three-course set menu, including coffee and four Glenmorangie whiskies. Valid throughout August. £25 per person. Michelin Magic
* For those celebrating a special occasion or simply seeking an outstanding culinary experience, “number one” offers excellent service and award-winning cuisine, created by Michelin-starred Chef Jeff Bland. Enjoy our three-course market menu at £41 per head or our exceptional tasting menu at £85 per head for six courses and a glass of wine to accompany each course.
Thursday`s Pure Indulgence:
* Palm Court`s recently launched Chocolate Buffet is a Thursday night “must”, featuring the Balmoral`s signature chocolate cake and its very own chocolate humpty dumpty, now available in mini-size portions due to popular demand. Every Thursday between 5pm and 8pm in Palm Court. Pure decadence at a cool cost of only £12 per person / £15 including a glass of Balmoral Fizz.
* Palm Court is introducing a brand new Champagne Menu in August, offering a wide range of vintage champagnes, champagne cocktails and martini cocktails simply out of this world.
Awaken your senses:
- If the Festival just gets too much for you, The Balmoral Spa is a fantastic retreat, with a wide range of revitalising treatments for your wellbeing. Our Brazilian Toe Therapy is a recommended treatment to follow a day pounding the cobbled streets of Edinburgh. Cost is £35.
The best bed in town:
- The Balmoral has 168 rooms and 20 sumptuous suites, many with a great view of the Castle. Rates start at £160 room only for a standard room and range up to £330 room only for a deluxe room. Suites start at £450 per night.
To book any of the above, please call The Balmoral on 0131 556 2414. Requests for room reservations can be made on 0870 460 7040 or e-mail [email protected]