BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—May 12, 2003—Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT), one of the world`s leading hospitality companies, recently recognized nine hotels that have earned a share in the company`s 2002 “Go For The Green” Award. All hotels achieving their goals share equally in a $1 million award, with team members receiving a check for up to $500. The nine winning properties also receive a custom designed plaque in recognition of their outstanding accomplishment, and hold a celebration event for all eligible team members.
The award-winning hotels for 2002 include:
* Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center Dallas/Plano - Legacy Town Center (Plano, Texas) * University of Florida Hotel & Conference Center, Gainesville - A Hilton Hotel (Gainseville, Fla.) * Doubletree Hotel Charlotte - Gateway Village (Charlotte, N.C.)
* Fess Parker`s Doubletree Resort Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
* Doubletree Club Boise (Boise, Idaho)
* Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)
* Hilton Inn at Penn (Philadelphia, Penn.)
* Hilton Palacio del Rio (San Antonio, Texas)
* Hilton Salt Lake City Center (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Each year, more than 300 owned and managed Hilton(R), Doubletree(R), Hampton Inn(R), Hampton Inn & Suites(R), Hilton Garden Inn(R), and Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) hotels set their annual goals based on their prior year`s actual results and projected performance. At the end of the calendar year, a hotel must have achieved their goals in each of the Key Performance Indicators in their Balanced Scorecard, the Hilton award winning performance measurement system.
“Each year the hotels raise the bar across all operating goals, and to achieve each and every one of them is a tremendous accomplishment,” said Dieter Huckestein, president - hotel operations, owned & managed for Hilton Hotels Corporation. “Each of these hotels has exceeded in their Balanced Scorecard performance in the areas of operational effectiveness, revenue maximization, brand management, loyalty and learning and growth.”
Hilton and Doubletree Hotels are part of Hilton Hotels Corporation which is recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises more than 2,100 hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world`s best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton(R), Conrad(R), Doubletree(R), Embassy Suites Hotels(R), Hampton Inn(R), Hampton Inn & Suites(R), Hilton Garden Inn(R), Hilton Grand Vacations Company(R) and Homewood Suites by Hilton(R).
For more information on the Hilton Family of Hotels or to make a reservation, visit our Web site at www.hiltonworldwide.com or call 1-800-HILTONS in the U.S. and Canada.