Accor is partnering the European Year for People with Disabilities
(EYPD), which was officially launched in Athens on January 26 by the European Commission
and the European Disability Forum. For the project, Accor and ten major European companies
have created an EYPD partners’ committee, marking the first time that companies in Europe
have cooperated in this manner.
As a partner, Accor will undertake initiatives in Europe to:
- Raise awareness among its recruitment managers about hiring and integrating the
- Make its new hotels under construction more accessible to the physically handicapped.
- Develop training programs for reception staff to improve services for the disabled.
This commitment illustrates Accor’s long-standing policy of promoting the hiring of handicapped
In 1992, Accor signed its first agreement in France with Agefiph, a fund for integrating the
handicapped into society. Through the agreement, which has been renewed every two years,
Accor hired 450 disabled persons between 1995 and 2002, of whom 75% work in the Group’s
Also in 1992, Corporate Human Resources created a section for hiring the handicapped, with
dedicated teams and eight correspondents to manage regional initiatives.
In 1999, Accor, in cooperation with Agefiph, produced a short film entitled “Moi aussi je travaille
chez Accor” (I Work for Accor Too) to raise managers’ awareness about hiring the handicapped.
The film received a silver medal at France’s 2000 Top Com awards.
Complete information about the European Year for People with Disabilities can be found on the
organization’s website: www.eypd2003.org.
With 150,000 associates in 140 countries, Accor is the European leader and one of the world`s
largest groups in travel, tourism and corporate services, with two major international activities:
- hotels: 3,833 hotels (441,203 rooms) in 90 countries, casinos, travel agencies, and
- services to corporate clients and public institutions: each day, 13 million people in 32
countries use a broad range of services (food vouchers, people care and services, incentive,
loyalty programs, events) engineered and managed by Accor.