Renaissance Hotels and Resorts has converted four hotels in Asia, six hotels in Europe and one hotel in the Middle East to the Renaissance brand. This round of conversions increases the brand portfolio to 49 properties in international locations and 33 properties in the U.S., setting a solid pace toward the goal of doubling the number of Renaissance hotels worldwide in the next five years.
Renaissance has added the following hotels in Asia:
* 543-room New World Renaissance Kowloon Hotel in Hong Kong
* 862-room New World Renaissance Harbour View Hotel in Hong Kong
* 236-room Renaissance Inya Lake Hotel in Yangon, Myanmar
* 600-room New World Renaissance Makati City in Manila, Phillippines
* 287-room Renaissance Salzburg Hotel in Austria
* 261-room Renaissance Munich Parkhotel in Germany
* 652-room Renaissance Heathrow Airport Hotel in London
* 252-room Renaissance Gatwick Hotel in England
* 201-room Renaissance Manchester Hotel in England
* 196-room Renaissance Reading Hotel in England
And in the Middle East:
* 340-room Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel in Israel
By increasing the brand`s representation in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, including a presence in key international cities such as Manila, London and Tel Aviv, Renaissance has taken a big step in fulfilling its objective of developing a true global brand, said Bob Olesen, brand vice president for Renaissance Hotels and Resorts.
Renaissance Hotels and Resorts features 82 distinctive properties in 26 countries, offering upscale accommodations and award-winning dining for business, meeting and leisure travelers worldwide. Earlier this year, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts joined Marriott`s award-winning frequent travel program, Marriott Rewards. Also this year, J.D. Power and Associates and Frequent Flyer magazine ranked Renaissance Hotels and Resorts highest in guest satisfaction among upscale hotel chains in the U.S. For reservations and information, contact a travel agent, 1-800-HOTELS-1 or visit the Renaissance website at www.renaissancehotels.com.