The first member of RWA`s
new Sell-It Suite family to be launched will be “Sell-It Package”. Sell-It Package provides Tour Operators with a comprehensive, competitively priced online selling solution for selling package holiday products online. Sell-It package is an evolution of RWA`s proven, highly successful, package Internet Booking Engine, currently deployed in over 650 web sites throughout Europe.
Sell-It Package provides Tour Operators with a comprehensive, competitively priced online selling solution for selling package holiday products online. Sell-It package is an evolution of RWA`s proven, highly successful, package Internet Booking Engine, currently deployed in over 650 web sites throughout Europe.
The Sell-It Package Key Features:
* A fully featured package booking engine for selling a wide variety of package holidays including accommodation only, flight only and city breaks.
* A sophisticated user interface supporting both browsing and very flexible search capabilities.
* A simple 4 step booking process, which has been designed, based on RWA`s extensive on-line booking experience working with Tour Operators.
* Extensive configurable branding capabilities enabling multiple Tour Operator trading names and brands, Agency selling and `white labelling` to be supported from the one solutions environment.
* A flexible and modular architecture that provides a good framework to carry out integration with a tour operator`s existing reservation system.
* Based on web services and XML providing an open, extensible and flexible infrastructure
* Uses low cost, open technology enabling deployment on a range of operating systems and application servers.
The Sell-It Package supports the following different usage scenarios:
Tour Operator Deployment
In this scenario a Tour Operator deploys Sell-It Package on their own hardware and in their own IT environment. Sell-It package would be used to sell the Tour Operator`s own products over their own web site.
Sell-It Package`s unique branding capabilities could be used to support multiple Tour Operator brands or trading names from a single solutions environment.
Travel Agency Deployment
In this scenario a Tour Operator purchasing Sell-It Package provides one or more travel agencies, or travel agency chains, with a package booking engine. This enables the agent to sell the Tour Operator`s products online via the agency`s own web site. Sell-It Package`s unique branding capabilities ensure that each agency or agency chain have a booking engine to incorporate into their web site that is dynamically rendered with their own colour scheme and branding.
3rd Party Deployment
In this scenario, a Tour Operator purchasing Sell-It Package provides a 3rd party company (e.g. an Internet-based company providing a separate sales channel), with a booking engine to sell the Tour Operator`s package products.
Sell-It Package`s unique branding capabilities can be used to provide the 3rd party company with a `white label` solution that can be incorporated into their web site.
In this scenario, a Tour Operator chooses to subscribe to the Sell-It Package service hosted by RWA or a 3rd party hosting company. The Tour Operator`s products would either be periodically loaded into the Sell-It Package service or could be sold via a direct feed from the Tour Operator`s reservation system.
Sell-It Package`s unique branding capabilities are used to provide the subscribing Tour Operator with their `own` branded booking capability.
Sell-It Package is built upon RWA`s Sell-It Services, a web services and XML-based integration platform providing:
* A tailorable infrastructure for delivery of robust, scalable online booking capabilities.
* Dynamic re-branding to support multiple Tour Operator brands, agency selling and white-labelling.
* The capability for business processes to be added or altered easily without affecting the front-end booking engines.
* The infrastructure to enable implementation of a seamless customer service process.
* A `plugable` infrastructure for incorporation of additional 3rd party content e.g. travel guides, weather information, visa and health information.
A Modular Solution
Sell-It Package provides a modular solution enabling Tour Operators to `start small` and add additional services and capabilities, including 3rd party content, at their own pace. The solution is designed to be deployed on a variety of hardware and software platforms, again enabling Tour Operators to choose the most appropriate cost-effective environment to meet their requirements.
Related stories on ITN:
(18/09/2002) Exclusive Interview with Mark Bradbury, Director of RWA
(12/09/2002) RWA To Launch Dynamic Solution For Tour Operators