From October 29 customers on Air New Zealand’s new Tasman Express service will enjoy a complimentary café style meal and beverage service on all trans-Tasman flights.
The innovative new menu was developed in consultation with Air New Zealand consultant chef Rex Morgan of Citron restaurant in Wellington. The menu showcases outstanding New Zealand produce such as lamb and beef, New Zealand fish and salmon, as well as Kapiti cheeses and ice-cream, Hubbards cereals, organic yoghurt and New Zealand wine.
Air New Zealand Managing Director and Chief Executive Ralph Norris says the focus has been on creating an original and nutritious menu.
“The new Tasman Express menu offers an exciting variety of meals which I had the opportunity to try recently and they’re both sustaining and delicious.”
“Tasman Express is now a complete and compelling offer for customers. We’ve reduced airfares by up to 45%, have begun introducing our new Airbus A320 aircraft onto trans-Tasman routes and will be delivering an innovative inflight meal service. With such a strong product I look forward to Tasman Express commencing on October 29,” said Mr Norris.
A variety of meals have been created, with two options generally available on each flight. Examples of the menu items are detailed below.
Pacific Class -
Breakfast (generally two options available per flight):
* Hubbards Light and Right breakfast cereal with fresh fruit and a selection of Cyclops or Kemp Roberts organic yoghurt
* Kassler, rocket and tomato breakfast bap
* Pandoro onion Flat Bread with bacon, spinach, Kapiti Cheese camembert and peach chutney
Lunch (generally two options available per flight):
* Beef and noodle salad with chilli and sesame
* Smoked chicken Caesar saladÊ
* Chicken tikka wrap
* Pastrami and spinach Foccacia
* Pandoro chocolate brownie
Dinner (generally two options per flight):
* Beef, mushroom and bacon pie with roasted pumpkin and cous cous salad
* Polenta coated chicken with roasted pumpkin and cous cous salad
* Minted lamb crumble with pesto and bell pepper rigatoni salad
* Pancetta wrapped chicken with pesto and bell pepper rigatoni salad
* Kapiti ice cream selection
Business Class will feature the above menu options with some additional choices including:
* Bakery items and preserves for breakfast
* Appetisers for lunch and dinner of prawns and melon on baby spinach / salmon gravlax with potato salad and Ikura
* Selection of Kapiti Cheeses (Kirima, Kikorangi, Smoked Cheddar, Aged Cheddar) and crackers, quince and Brazil nuts
Customers will continue to enjoy Air New Zealand’s complimentary selections of tea, coffee, water, juice, soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits.Ê Business Class passengers will also enjoy an additional selection of premium wines.
A special meal option has been developed, with a dairy-free vegetarian meal available in breakfast, lunch and dinner variations.