DALLAS, Aug. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/—As if cost savings weren`t enough ... Southwest Airlines announces new capabilities on its corporate travel booking tool, SWABIZ! The program, targeted at corporate travel managers, will be launched today at the National Business Travel Association convention.
“SWABIZ has been such a success and convenience to travel managers, and we knew we could make this great product even better,” said Rob Brown, a regional marketing director for Southwest Airlines. “We took the suggestions of SWABIZ users and incorporated those ideas into our new look.
New SWABIZ Features:
* Virtual Credit Cards (Ghost Cards)—This allows travelers who book their own trips to select their form of payment from the pre-entered company credit cards.
* Traveler Accounts—Traveler accounts are created using individual Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program membership numbers. SWABIZ members can set up their personal information, credit card information, and travel preferences. Members can then log into SWABIZ and their
preferences will automatically pop up!
* Real-Time Flight Status-Users can obtain the latest arrival and departure times on any particular flight either online or via text messaging. SWABIZ Customers also have the ability to modify their
reservations and reapply ticketless funds online.
Other SWABIZ Features:
* Booking and tracking expenses on air, car, and hotel.
* Flexibility to change itineraries online without fees.
* Email capabilities for itineraries.
* Ability to apply funds toward future travel if plans are cancelled or changed.
* Rapid Rewards double credit (for flights booked and flown by Dec. 31,2003).
The runaway success of southwest.com—with its low fares, ease of use, and lucrative bonus credit offer-is a natural attraction for corporate travelers. SWABIZ has become a sleeper hit since launching in May 2000 because it couples the success and service of southwest.com with the added benefit of tracking and administrative tools for corporate travel managers who are responsible for the bottomline. While that would be enough, SWABIZ does one better by offering these valuable benefits at no additional cost. You won`t find transaction fees, subscriber fees, annual fees, or hidden fees—it`s free. In addition, Southwest Airlines has no use-it-or-lose-it fees, so changes to your travel plans are without penalty as well!
“We took a look at what SWABIZ was offering, and we wanted to improve upon this great product,” Brown said. “With most companies looking to conserve resources, many corporate travel managers are charged with cutting costs, and we can do that.”
To access SWABIZ, Company travel managers may log on to southwest.com, then click on “SWABIZ” for more information on how to register for the service. Local assistance is available in each city; get more information on a local contact through www.swabiz.com/findAmm.html
Southwest currently serves 59 airports in 58 cities in 30 states. Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates nearly 2,800 flights a day with a fleet of 380 Boeing 737s with an average age of nine years—one of the youngest pure jet fleets in the domestic airline industry.