United Airlines (OTCBB: UALAQ.OB), Chicago’s Hometown Airline, will once again proudly salute the Taste of Chicago mid-summer food extravaganza by serving as the official airline and by spreading the word among visitors to Chicago of the Taste’s wonderful attractions.
The Taste of Chicago’s 23rd annual event will start June 27 and conclude July 6 in Grant Park, the Lakefront Park in downtown Chicago.Ê The event is expected to draw an estimated 3.6 million visitors to sample offerings from 65 Chicago restaurants.
United’s contributions to the event’s success this summer will include:
* A cooking demonstration by United Executive Chef Jerry Gulli preparing one of the entrees United is featuring on its flights this summer.Ê The demonstration will take place at 11 a.m. on June 28 at the Dominick’s Cooking Corner booth at the festival.
* Through July 2, United customers will enjoy some of the Taste of Chicago offerings onboard.Ê
* United Economy customers inbound to Chicago on flights with snack box service will receive Eli`s Cheesecake Company`s famous “Just the Crust” cookies.
* United First and United Business customers inbound to Chicago on lunch and dinner flights will select from pan-seared salmon with cucumber avocado salsa from Polo Cafe and Catering Bridgeport USA, or a chicken salad and deli plate served with chipotle sauce and a rosemary focaccia roll from Marcello`s: A Father and Son Restaurant.ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ
* United First and United Business customers inbound to Chicago on afternoon and evening “beverage only” flights will enjoy the additional treat of an Eli`s Raspberry Streusel Bar with their beverage and cocktail snack.
* United will be distributing discount travel certificates in goodie bags for participants of the “Run for the Taste” and during Chef Gulli’s cooking demonstration.
In 2002, United’s employees broke 35 company records and achieved the best overall operational performance in the company’s 77-year history.Ê United Airlines finished 2002 ranked No. 1 in the industry in domestic on-time performance among major airlines as published in the Department of Transportation’s Air Travel Consumer Report for 2002.Ê United operates more than 1,700 flights a day on a route network that spans the globe.Ê News releases and other information about United can be found at the company’s website atÊwww.united.com.