CHICAGO, June 13, 2003 - United Airlines, Inc. (OTCBB: UALAQ.OB) today announced that it would add 54 flights to its July schedule. The flights will include seasonal service additions as well as the reinstatement of some Pacific flights cancelled in June due to the SARS-related drop in demand.Ê In all, United will offer 3,359 mainline and United Express flights in July, up from 3,305 in June.
Effective July 1, United will make the following changes to its international flight schedule:
- Reinstate service between San Francisco and Hong Kong that was discontinued in June due to the SARS-related drop in demand.Ê United will now offer flights three days a week.
- Increase service between San Francisco and Shanghai to five days a week, up from three in June.
Effective July 6, United will make the following changes to its U.S. domestic schedule:
* Add a seventh daily round-trip between Chicago and Buffalo, NY;
* Increase from one to three daily round-trips between Chicago and Calgary;
* Add a fourth daily round-trip between Chicago and Vancouver;
* Add one more daily round-trip between Chicago and each of the following cities: Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Orlando;
* Add another daily round-trip between Los Angeles and both Seattle and Washington Dulles;
* Add a fourth daily round-trip between San Francisco and Vancouver;
* Add a second daily round-trip between Denver and Anchorage; and
* Add a seventh daily round-trip between Denver and Oakland, Calif.
United Express will increase regional jet service from Denver to Aspen, Colo.; Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; Eugene, Ore.; Fresno, Calif.; and Nashville, Tenn.Ê United Express also will launch new service between Washington Dulles and Montreal, as well as supplement United`s daily mainline round-trips between Washington Dulles and New Orleans with two additional regional jet round-trips.
In 2002, United`s employees broke 35 company records and achieved the best overall operational performance in the company`s 77-year history. United Airlines finished 2002 ranked No. 1 in the industry in domestic on-time performance, according to the official U.S. Department of Transportation`s Air Travel Consumer report. United operates more than 1,700 flights a day on a route network that spans the globe. News releases and other information about United can be found at the company`s website atÊwww.united.com.