PHOENIX, March 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/—America West Airlines (NYSE: AWA), the nation`s second largest low-fare carrier, announced today that its flexible ticket change policy for potential military action in Iraq is now in effect. America West has one of the most customer-friendly ticketing policies in the industry. Those ticketing policies are being extended for customers who want to change their travel plans due to potential war in Iraq. Details of America West`s policy are outlined below. The airline will make a separate announcement at the conclusion of this policy.
1. The administrative change fee will be waived one time for each ticket when customers notify the airline during the time the travel policy is in effect. This policy also applies to FlightFund members who redeemed frequent flyer miles for tickets.
2. The policy includes flights in America West`s entire route system in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
3. Customers must call America West reservations at 1-800-2-FLY-AWA (1-800-235-9292) before their first travel date to be eligible for a change fee waiver, but they do not need to rebook their flight immediately. Customers may also ask their travel agent to notify the airline and rebook their flight.
4. When customers rebook, their new departure date can be no earlier than 30 days from their original travel date.
5. Customers have until Oct. 31, 2003, to complete their travel. The airline will make an announcement if it becomes necessary to extend that deadline.
6. Customers will be responsible for any difference in fare and must qualify for all of the requirements of the new fare.
7. Customers may change the cities they are flying to and/or from.
8. Customers in the middle of a trip on the day the policy is implemented will be allowed to change their return plans by standing by for free any time through March 26, 2003.
9. America West will provide additional procedural details for travel agents through the www.ta.americawest.com web site.