Qantas today opened new, more conveniently located First and Business Class Qantas Club lounges at Bangkok Airport.
Qantas Executive General Manager Sales and Marketing John Borghetti said the two lounges would accommodate 45 First Class and 140 Business Class customers.
“The new First and Business Class lounges are located at Bangkok Terminal 2, Pier 5, near the Qantas and British Airways departure gates.
“The lounges blend the best of contemporary Australian design offering new levels of comfort and luxury, with Eastern influences such as traditional Thai artwork and Thai silk-panelled feature walls.”
Mr Borghetti said features of the new lounges included:
* Four First Class and eight Business Class showers;
* Self-service bars and buffets offering complimentary light refreshments and snacks;
* Dining areas where customers can sit at tables and enjoy light refreshments;
* Television lounges with plasma screen television and satellite television;
* Reading areas with a selection of magazines and newspapers; and
* A fully equipped Business Centre with private workstations, computers with internet access and photocopying equipment.
Mr Borghetti said a highlight of the lounges was the integration of technology, in particular for the business traveller, with telephone and power connections throughout.
“The Qantas Club is also a private location to conduct business and catch up on telephone calls in between flights,” he said.
The lounges were designed by interior design firm Woods Bagot.
Qantas has 32 Qantas Club lounges across the airline`s worldwide network. A further six lounges are jointly owned and operated by Qantas and British Airways.