28 August 2002, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited held a Board of Directors’ Meeting, chaired by Mr. Thanong Bidaya, THAI’s Chairman, with the following results:
1. Early retirement of THAI’s Executive
The Board acknowledged the early retirement of Mr. Veravat Chotiros, THAI’s Senior Vice President, Corporate Planning and Government Relations, which will take effect as of 1 October 2002.
2. Appointment of Advisor to THAI’s Board of Directors
The Board has approved the appointment of Mr. Wichian Wiriyaprasit, Attorney General and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or representative, as advisor to THAI’s Board of Directors, with immediate effect.
3. Appointment of additional members for sub-committee to oversee the purchasing of aviation fuel
The Board approved the appointment of additional members for sub-committee to oversee the purchasing of aviation fuel as follows:
1. Mr. Vichit Suraphongchai - member
2. Mrs. Suvakon Nawongse - member replacing Mr. Prasert Khlongwathanakith, who will retire from the company in September