17 December 2001, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited held a Board of Directors` Meeting, chaired by THAI`s Chairman and Acting President Mr. Virabongsa Ramangkura, with the following results:
1. Selection of THAI`s President
The Board of Directors has agreed to consider the result from THAI`s President Selection Committee and requested the three most qualified candidates to present their strategic plans for THAI during the next four years to the new Board of Directors. This will be incorporated in the selection process.
2. Appointment of TAT Representative as Company Advisor
The Board of Directors has agreed to appoint Mrs. Jutamas Siriwan, Deputy Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), as THAI`s Advisor, to provide information on tourism that will benefit THAI`s operations.
3. Function Rename
The Board of Directors has approved the renaming of THAI`s function Finance and Information Department to be called Finance and Accounting Department, following the transfer of Information Technology Department to the Corporate Development and Support Department.
4. Change of Function Line of Command
The Board of Directors has approved the Crisis Management and Information Center Department to report directly to the Standard and Safety Assurance Department instead of the Office of the President. The work of both departments is structurally related.
5. Management Appointment
The Board of Directors has approved the following appointments:
- Mr. Kobchai Srivilas, Managing Director, Technical Services Department, to also hold the position of Acting Vice President, Line and Light Maintenance Department
- Sqn.Ldr. Udomchai Nandamanop, Executive Vice President Operations Department, to also hold the position of Acting Vice President, Aviation Personnel Development Department
6. Donations in cash or kind, tickets and baggage allowance
The Board of Directors has agreed to the structure of company`s regulations in areas of donations, complimentary or discount tickets and baggage allowance, proposed by the sub-committee to oversee all THAI`s donations either cash or kind, tickets, discounts, and baggage allowance, chaired by Mr. Borwornsak Uwanno.