On 27 July 2000, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited held a Board of Directors’ Meeting, chaired by Mr. Mahidol Chantrangkurn, THAI’s Chairman, with the following results:
I. Appointment of New Director:
The Board of Directors approved the appointment of Police General Narongvich Thaithong, Deputy Commissioner General, Royal Thai Police Department, as a member of THAI’s Board of Directors, replacing Police General Pracha Promnog after his recent resignation.
II. Committee to Select Candidates for THAI’s Airline President Succession:
The Board of Directors approved the appointment of a special committee to select candidates for THAI’s airline president succession as follows:
1. Mr. Mahidol Chantrangkurn - Chairman Chairman of the Board of Directors, and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport and Communications
2. Mr. Suphachai Phisitvanich - Member Board of Director, and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
3. Air Chief Marshal Terdsak Sujjaruk - Member Board of Director, and Chief of the Air Staff, Royal Thai Air Force
4. Khunying Dhipavadee Meksawan - Member Secretary-General, Office of the Civil Service Commission
5. Mr. Ekamol Kiriwat - Member Special Consultant to THAI’s Board of Directors, and Board of Director, Bank of Thailand
The Board of Directors approved the hiring of specialized privatization advisory firms, namely Baker & McKenzie as the Legal Advisor and KPMG Audit (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. as an Accounting Advisor for the public offering of THAI shares in accordance with the privatization plan which has already been approved by the Cabinet.
IV. Purchasing of THAI-Airline Tickets Processing System:
The Board of Directors approved the purchase of THAI-Airline Tickets Processing System through a bidding process. The system will boost efficiency in calculating the flown revenue at THAI’s Accounting Revenue Department. The THAI-Airline Tickets Processing System is faster, more convenient and less time consuming than the current system.