Malaysia Airlines was voted as one of the top 10 International Airlines of the world for 2001, in a reader`s choice awards poll conducted by Conde` Nast Traveler, a celebrated international travel monthly magazine published in New York, United States of America.
The polls conducted annually, covers various aspects of the international travel industry, from cities, islands, hotels, resorts to all forms of transportation, including commercial airlines.
In the airline category, the rating was based on ticketing/boarding, cabin comfort, cabin service, food/beverages and entertainment options.
Malaysia Airlines clinched:
* 6th position in the overall `Top Services/International Airline` ranking.
* 8th position in `Long Haul Business Airline` ranking and
* 10th position in `Long Haul Leisure Airline` ranking.
This feat was largely possible due to the on-going product and service upgrades implemented by Malaysia Airlines, like:
* Regular refresher training for frontline staff and cabin crew on processes, products and services
* Toll-free numbers introduced for access to Reservations call centres in Adelaide, Kuala Lumpur and Kuching serving customers in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei
* Refurbished and renovated Golden lounges for front-end customers
* Single cabin baggage policy and on-time departure guidelines
* Significant inflight service improvements through introducing of separate toiletry kits for men and women offered to First and Business Class passengers, refined broadcast programming with more route specific audio/video programmes introduced in additional languages like Arabic, Hindi and German, based on customer profile and preference
Although security has become of paramount importance since September 11 this year, issues of efficiency, convenience and comfort were still in the forefront and mattered most to travelers.
Hence, despite the recent uncertainties in the commercial aviation industry, the polls` outcome attests that Malaysia Airlines` has managed to maintain its position among other world leaders for quality service in air travel.
Conde` Nast Traveler is one of the world`s most celebrated magazines, published by Conde Nast Publications, New York and features world-renowned editors, writers and photographers who are committed to journalistic integrity, influential reporting and superior design. It has conducted the annual “Poll of Consumer Attitudes” every year since 1988 where only candidates that receive a minimum number of responses for their category are deemed eligible to be included in the various award rankings.
Last year, the magazine ranked Malaysia Airlines No 1 for comfort & service amongst the top 10 airlines on the Trans-pacific routes. Apart from this recognition, Malaysia Airlines has consistently been winning quality service awards every year, for both in-flight and ground service, from independent research companies and service industry magazines of international repute.