Since 1st November 2000, Air France has regularly published its on-time performance data.
The figures are published monthly at the same time as the airline`s traffic results.
The chosen criterion is the percentage of flights which leave on time or less than 15 minutes late, whatever the cause of the delay, from all stations on the airline`s network.
All air transport analysts use the same criteria to measure the airlines` on-time performance, especially in Europe.
* On-time performance on departure for January 2002: 77 %
* Overall result since the beginning of the year: 77 %
The percentages of the four main causes of delay for January were:
* causes beyond the airline`s control: 40 %
* internal causes arising from customer handling operations: 17 %
* internal causes arising from aircraft handling and loading: 21 %
* repercussions of delays resulting from these three causes: 22 %.