The chosen criterion is the percentage of flights which leave on time or less than 15 minutes late, whatever the cause of the delay, from all stations on the airline`s network.
All air transport analysts use the same criteria to measure the airlines` on-time performance, especially in Europe.
* On-time performance on departure for April 2001: 73%
* Overall result since the beginning of the year: 76%
The percentages of the four main causes of delay for April were:
* causes beyond the airline`s control: 45%
* internal causes arising from customer handling operations: 19%
* internal causes arising from aircraft handling and loading: 18%
* repercussions of delays resulting from these three causes: 18%.