In compliance with Chairman Jean-Cyril Spinetta`s wishes, and to ensure complete openness with regard to customers, Air France is the first European airline to regularly publish its on-time performance.
The figures will be published monthly at the same time as the airline`s traffic results.
The chosen criteria is the percentage of flights which leave on time or less than 15 minutes late, whatever the cause of the delay, at all stations on the airline`s network.
All air transport analysts use the same criteria to measure the airlines` on-time performance, especially in Europe.
* On-time performance on departure for January 2001: 76.9%
* Overall result since the beginning of the year: 76.9%
The percentages of the four main causes of delay for January are:
* causes beyond the airline`s control: 37%
* internal causes arising from customer handling operations: 21%
* internal causes arising from aircraft handling and loading: 19%
* repercussions of delays resulting from these three causes: 23%.