British Airways launches its own “money” next week (March 23) backed by a free flight guarantee and Air Miles awards. Passengers can now order their travellers cheques and foreign currency by phone and pick them up at a Travelex UK branch before they fly.
The airline has linked up with Travelex, the world’s largest airport bureau de change operator, to offer British Airways branded foreign exchange in the first of a range of new and improved financial services.
Benefits for customers include:
* No commission on travellers cheques and only half the normal commission charge for foreign currency.
* Telephone pre-order service for foreign exchange seven days a week.
* Air Miles on all transactions based on the amount of exchange.
* No commission on returning surplus travellers cheques or currency bought through pre-order service.
Additional benefits for British Airways Executive Club members and affiliated card holders include:
* The ease of pre-ordering foreign exchange for collection at the airport.
* No commission on travellers cheques and foreign currency.
* No commission on returning surplus travellers cheques and currency on production of card.
If, for any reason pre-ordered money is not available at the airport, customers will be given the cost of their outbound flight up to the value of a single full fare World Traveller flight.
Martin George, British Airways Director of Marketing, said: “British Airways Travel Money is a convenient one-stop service that will take some of the hassle out of flying for our customers. We are delighted to join with Travelex in providing it.”
Lloyd Dorfman, Chief Executive of Travelex, said: “This simple and efficient one-stop process, coupled with our global network of bureaux, provides British Airways’ customers with unrivalled access and availability. The flight-back guarantee plus Air Miles awards makes this the most attractive foreign currency exchange on the market.”